My Wife...

• January 20, 2013 11:44 PM GMT

My name is Lori and I am a male to female non-op transsexual. I haven't been on here much because my wife had been very sick and all my time was taking care of her. This past November my wife of 26 years past away. We were so very close. There wasn't a day that went by that we didn't tell each other we loved each other. There wasn't anything we didn't know about each other either and we kissed and hugged everyday. I can't express in words how much love there was between us. I can't talk about her a lot because I start shaking and crying and I just can't deal with that. When I cry I cry hard for her. I have to go for now.

Love to all,

Lori

• 13 posts
    January 29, 2013 3:36 AM GMT
    Lori, My truest condolences for your lost. As hard as it must be for you, just keep in mind how lucky you were to have such a wonderful and loving bond between two people. You have made her short time on this planet a very special experience. hugs, dawn
    • 364 posts
    January 29, 2013 4:04 AM GMT

Lori I know exactly how you are feeling and my thoughts are with you as I experienced a similar situation 7 years ago. Hugs Joanne

This post was edited by Joanne Lee at January 29, 2013 4:06 AM GMT
    • 376 posts
    January 29, 2013 9:30 AM GMT
    Lori.
    I truely feel for you as my partner of 23 years died suddenly 8 years ago .

I would never say I know "exactly" how you you are feeling as the post above as that is not possible I only know how I felt. Not one person on this earth knows how you are feeling inside only you do , we are all individuals and feel and deal with things in different ways.

You take care and look after yourself and hold on to the memories you have and cherish the time you both had together.

BIG HUG , Julia xx
  • January 30, 2013 9:34 PM GMT
    Thank-you everyone. I appreciate your thoughts!
  • February 8, 2013 3:06 AM GMT
    It's gonna be hard on Valentine's Day. I always got her something special and cooked her a nice dinner. I go to the stores and see the Valentine's Day stuff out and it depresses me. And Easter is early this yeah so that's another holiday. I can't wait till there a long break between holidays.
    • 376 posts
    February 11, 2013 10:41 PM GMT

Lori.

There is no easy answer to this . All I can say is don't allow all of the Valentine's stuff depress you .Try to either look past it or do the reverse and actualy buy her something.

It may sound crazy but it "just may" make you feel better knowing you have made an effort to give her something even though you can't physicaly give it to her.

I done that just through pure habit my first year and when I got home it hit me she had gone "but" It kind of gave me some comfort that she was in my mind even though at the time I did not realise what I was doing. As I have said before we all deal with things in different ways and I suppose that was just one of my ways of dealing with it.

I truely hope you can find a small piece happiness from your memories on the bad days. I would never patronise you and say it gets better because for some its just to hard. Eight years on and I still talk to my partner then call myself an idiot waiting for an answer.

You just take care and look after yourself. Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at February 11, 2013 10:47 PM GMT
  • February 11, 2013 11:38 PM GMT
    Julia Ford said:

Lori.

There is no easy answer to this . All I can say is don't allow all of the Valentine's stuff depress you .Try to either look past it or do the reverse and actualy buy her something.

It may sound crazy but it "just may" make you feel better knowing you have made an effort to give her something even though you can't physicaly give it to her.

I done that just through pure habit my first year and when I got home it hit me she had gone "but" It kind of gave me some comfort that she was in my mind even though at the time I did not realise what I was doing. As I have said before we all deal with things in different ways and I suppose that was just one of my ways of dealing with it.

I truely hope you can find a small piece happiness from your memories on the bad days. I would never patronise you and say it gets better because for some its just to hard. Eight years on and I still talk to my partner then call myself an idiot waiting for an answer.

You just take care and look after yourself. Julia xx

Thank-you Julia!

• 376 posts
    April 27, 2013 10:31 PM BST

This is what GS is about! Support and caring. Does anyone know if Lori is ok? Does anyone care? "I do" I feel like I failed here! I just have to hope she is doing ok and her life has taken a turn for the better.

These are the things that get to me sometimes , life is a pain in the arse at times.