How I look Now and Then.

• 376 posts
    January 25, 2013 3:15 PM GMT

I have real trouble when looking back how I used to look to how I look now. What goes through my head is , was that realy me? I look a lot older then than I do now thats for sure and its not make-up.

So why did I look so bad (not that I look that great now) .

Its fairly easy to answer I suppose. I looked a wreck and its a fact so here is the cause.

Firstly back then I was depressed and going back 7 or 8 years I was suicidle , I weighed 16.5 stone previous to coming out as myself but droped down to 10 stone at a rapid rate so my ribs were showing my face took the brunt of it and it was visible to all.

Although now I am still classed as underweight my skin on my face seems to have lost its wrinkles and shrunk back to fit my bone structure.

Although I have no regrets over news articals I do not recognise that person in them , it was me but it was a different me. It was a me searching for myself , my true self.

So now I am 8 years older I look 8 years younger , actualy most people put me in my mid 40's when I am in my mid 50's.

So why am I posting this? I suppose its a lesson to anyone going through what I and many others did and do .

Things do get better  "You even get to look younger". Learning to love yourself according to the song is the greatest love of all. Well I don't love myself but I have definatly found myself and from looking back it has paid off in one way. I still look a wreck but far far away from the wreck I looked like all those years ago.

I was told a few days ago I have beautiful eyes! Er I said beautiful? Maybe others see things I don't but these eyes have seen a lot. They have seen years and years pain and torment turn to happiness. I have been knocked down over and over again but still keep geting back up again.

I have been on a long up hill battle , I have felt pain beyond imagination . But most of all others have learned from my experiences.

The battle is over. Better late than never.

• 364 posts
    January 26, 2013 9:14 PM GMT
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    • 48 posts
    January 27, 2013 9:18 PM GMT
    There is no doubt that being yourself have been a great antidote to the feelings of depression you had. I'm really glad that you have had the double benefit of being able to express your true self as well as gaining a lot in appearance terms. Whatever people may say, most of us like to look good ( in whatever way we feel is right), so we should never underestimate the cathartic effect this can have. Long may those feelings continue Julia. Xx
    • 376 posts
    January 27, 2013 9:58 PM GMT

Deleted by myself.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 24, 2013 9:47 PM GMT