bio children after surgery M2F eg keeping my sperm in a bank

• March 1, 2013 11:42 AM GMT

i was wondering if in the uk there is any help in terms of keeping a sample of my sperm

so that me and sarah could still have a child if we choose after surgery when it finally comes to that way down the line

• 0 posts
    April 17, 2013 4:37 AM BST

Hi Rebecca.

Well you have beaten me to the punch, I was going to start a topic on this very question.

You ask a very astute question because no-one knows the future. There are a number of circumstances that may sway a post-op transsexual to have biological children. There may arise financial, legal, psychological, or social situations that favour the addition of children.

Coincidently, I am personally considering whether I should make a deposit at a sperm bank in the event that I might meet a tall, blonde with big tits and then wish to give her children.  Ba Waaa Haaa haa ha!

But seriously, the question about the legal position of transsexuals and children is not only intriguing but essential to us. As regards biological children, the contingent issues of invitro fertilisation, surrogacy, and the adoption of a child by a possible non-biological partner makes the question both messy and challenging. But it is imperative that serious consideration be given to it since transsexuals and transsexual couples are appearing at younger and younger ages. It is only natural that they should want children.

Lastly, you might want to cross post your concern in the UK Forum as different countries will have different protocols and no common ground could be met here.

Regards

CB   

This post was edited by Former Member at April 20, 2013 9:29 AM BST