Fight or flight?

• April 24, 2013 4:32 AM BST
    You win Cristine! : ))

In all the time I've been out this time round I haven't had any serious incident in the streets. Nothing. I knew my luck would run out sooner or later. It did! Last week on my way to TK Maxx in Deptford a car drew up fast beside me and the 3 guys and 1 girl in it launch into the abuse with great gusto. Tossers.
    I knew it was coming so I wasn't really that freaked out. I also knew that if I skulked away with my tail between my legs it would prey on my mind and make me utterly terrified of the next time. So I responded. Rather robustly.
    I burst out laughing and shouted in my finest Glaswegian "come right ahead you ****ing ****holes, get out the ****ing car you p**** I'm going to stick this ****ing nail file in your ****ing neck" blah de blah etc etc. I took one step towards the car and they drove off. I went on my way still laughing, but pretty cranked and shaky if I'm honest.
    Very very dangerous I know. Insanely dangerous truth be told, and perhaps a tad less ladylike than I would like my day to have been. Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of ever repeating the exercise and take my word for it, there's no macho pride involved here. But on this occasion I think I played it right. I took an awful lot of beatings last time round and it put me back in the closet for over 10 years. I am now exactly at the same point I was at in 2002 and that's a lot of years to lose at my age. Is there even the slightest chance I will ever let that happen to me again? Not likely. .
    As for the somewhat butch response, what can I say... If a car drew up like that and started abusing some of the women I grew up with in Glasgow, a nail file in the neck would be the least of their worries. All I want is to get on with what I have to get on with unmolested and in peace. I'll decide where and when and with whom any such molestation takes place! No one else.
    I'm not justifying or glorifying violence. I just want to know if the f*** them if they can't take a joke thing works both ways.
    Any thoughts?
    Maggie x

• 48 posts
    April 24, 2013 8:12 AM BST
    When you first told me this Maggie, I felt a shiver- and that was in the safe aftermath! We don't ever know how we will react in this situation. I think you are being hard on yourself too. Yes,it was potentially a dangerous thing to do- but you reaffirmed your "right" to be you, and I am sure that this will be a huge psychological boost. I have no idea how I would react, but I am pretty sure that I would be asking myself some serious questions afterwards. That worries the hell out of me-as it clearly did you, back in 2002! Perhaps your actions have saved another potential victim from abuse from these cowards, who knows? Funnily enough, this issue is not confined to the trans world, there has been lots in the news over the years about whether to "have a go" or not if you experience or see abuse. I think the overwhelming tide of public opinion would have been with you had you given them what for with the nail file! I am not being trite about this, you did what came instinctively-but also what was borne out of previous experience. Nobody can criticise that.
    Maybe the other thing that has changed since 2002 is that you are not alone- at least in the ability to share all this. The starkest warning from all this of course, is that TK Maxx is a dangerous place- even if it's just your purse that might get a battering! :-) xx
    • 0 posts
    April 24, 2013 10:14 AM BST

Hi Maggie.

For what its worth, I thought you handled yourself with great aplomb. We call those sorts of people - Bogans. Its a colloquialism but it means they are more likely to face extinction before us.   

There is a great scene in; The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert when Felicia goes to the video store. Felicia (Guy Pearce): [to the video shop worker] "Umm... , do you have "The Texas Chainsaw Mascara"? Felicia is outed by the locals, then pursued and becomes a victim of 'homophobia.'

The film is exaggerated and sensationalist, I like to think we have a much more tolerant and multicultural society. But you would not have thought so this afternoon at my appointment with the endocrinologist. He put me through the third degree. lol. I was saved by appealing to feeling happy about coming out. I think I convinced him, I now have to see a gender counsellor.

Chalice.    

• April 24, 2013 12:29 PM BST
    Thanks guys. You know what's strange? The first thing I thought about after the event was how horribly macho I had acted - no way for a lady to behave and all of that. I mean how dumb is that? At the same time I've got this "Revenge Of The TGirls" fantasy running through my head and and I'm feeling pretty chuffed that this shower of s**t has been seen off by a lowly wee tranny. I must say the Glaswegian accent is a thing of great beauty and wonder when used for effect. They don't know what you're saying but they're pretty damn sure you're crazy enough to do it whatever it is. Another stereotype eh? Maybe, but I do know women in Glasgow who would have dragged the driver out the car and panelled him before he even rolled the window down and opened his gob. Actually, perhaps that's the real stereotype!
    The thing is, as much as I laugh and joke about it I can't stop thinking about FFS now so clearly my confidence has been dented a bit. That's what's crazy about it, I'm more annoyed about being made than any safety concerns. Jeezus, that can't be right!
    But what do you do? I've done the living in fear thing. It's actually worse than the real thing because it doesn't stop after the event.
    I'm super careful out there, but by god being permanently cranked up so much takes it out of you. All I want do do is chill!
    To hell with it. There will be other incidents and I'll deal with them as I see it at the time. Maybe sometimes I'll just get off my mark and scarper. Maybe sometimes I won't. By any means possible sounds about right.
    Christ, stealth... If only.
    M x
    • 0 posts
    April 25, 2013 6:38 AM BST

Maggie

Stealth, what's that? I'm not even going to try. If people don't have enough intelligence to understand that there is an intermediate stage between pre and post transition, then that's their problem.

I get what you're saying about accents. Sometimes in the chat room I have to do a second take to understand what people are saying lol! 

We're a lot more fortunate down here (Aus) people are pretty much au fait with our LGBT culture. The general attitude is: What has that got to do with anything? But that doesn't mean young adolescents, who appear to take leave of their senses for about six years, can or even want to be considerate to anybody. Worse for someone like me. But I would trade you your intermittant car load of yobbos for the constant, seemingly permanent gaze of teenagers, anyday.

It also looks like I'm going to have to go head to head with the medical profession. 

Take care out there

Cheers

Chalice      

• 2358 posts
    April 25, 2013 10:50 AM BST
    You win Cristine! : ))
    Sorry what did I win, Very easy to lose the plot when provoked. I have on occasions, retaliated with rather demeaning and caustic put downs, don't think I have ever gone as far as threatening to punch/stab or anything anyone
    Too easy to get stabbed, beaten up, 3 guys and a woman. I can just imagine the woman urging the men on,. to go and give you something to remember. Not wise in this day and age .
  • April 25, 2013 12:11 PM BST
    Hi Cristine, I was thinking about your post to get the girls to use the forums more often. I haven't used them very often myself. I've read a lot but not really participated. I thought I'd dive in!
    Anyhow,of course you are absolutely right. It's way too dangerous to play games with. You're also right about the woman in the car too. It's no surprise. Some girls will go to any lengths to keep their chavvy ****hole boyfriends happy! I put it down to serious insecurity and self esteem issues myself. Ha! We've all been there.
    I just doesn't seem right that we have to swallow this crap and do nothing about it in order to stay safe. That doesn't feel very safe to me. I guess realistically all you can do is read it, and deal with it as best as you can at the time. Which probably means taking it more often than not.
    This is my one and only victory in all these years. On almost every other occasion I've taken a kicking or a ton of abuse. I would have made a brilliant 'before and after' advert for Doc Martins! I think I could be forgiven for losing it a little this time. You know how it is, full time, transition and all that, it's not as if you can just stay indoors forever to avoid it. What kind of life is that? You have to out there, good to go the very next day, and the next, and the next and so on forever. You're a trans girl and this is your life. Fabulous doesn't really work in solitary confinement.
    I think you have to be aware that its probably going to happen to you and have at least some semblance of a plan about how you're going to deal with it. How about - screw this, I'm selling my vintage Stratocaster and getting some FFS. You know what, I think I might just do that.
    • 0 posts
    April 25, 2013 12:29 PM BST
    Don't be too hasty Maggie. There is more than one way to skin a cat and you might just regret selling the strat. Give it time. Nobody is immune to random acts of violence, and t-girls certainly do not have a monopoly on it. In regards to the strat. and FFS I would plan on having both. It will work out, just wait and see.
    Chalice.
  • April 25, 2013 12:47 PM BST
    I know you're right Chalice! Actually the thing with the strat has always been part of the plan. It's a '68 bulkethead and worth a packet. Thing is it needs a fret job as its virtually unplayable for my purposes, and any work done to it makes it not an 'original' and devalues it completely. So it sits around doing nothing. It would be better if it sat in someone else's house and they gave me 6 grand for it. Then all they have to do let it sit for a while doing nothing and they can sell it for 12. The price of vintage guitars just doesn't go down. I was always going to do it, but after HRT has properly kicked in. I'll probably stick by that.
    Isn't it sad that you have to think in terms like this just to stay safe enough to maintain your existence!
    Peace.
    • 0 posts
    April 25, 2013 1:00 PM BST

Well, don't you know a good Lukather that could give it the fret job it needs.

I think the harassment and violence is bullshit. I've never been one to succumb to social pressure. I like being different but I also like my anonymity.

I'm in the same position as you; just coming out, wanting FFS, and getting impatient with transitioning. But my core is constant and all the rest is just contingencies.

My prayers to you.

Chalice

This post was edited by Former Member at April 25, 2013 1:01 PM BST
  • April 25, 2013 1:24 PM BST
    I haven't found one with the confidence to do it yet. Believe me I've tried. They just think in terms of value. Im on les pauls these days anyway.
    I bought that guitar with my paper round money when I was a nipper. It means a lot to me. Fag Ash Lil she's called : ))
    • 48 posts
    April 25, 2013 1:26 PM BST
    Maggie, selling the Strat would only work if you promise to pitch up on "The Antiques Roadshow" to get it valued! I don't have to trawl through the back episodes to guess that they have never had a vintage Strat- or a trans girl before, so it's long overdue.
    Your courage and realism is both an inspiration and a warning of what may be in store for me. Maybe its because I'm a little bit down right now, as my FFS money was taken away by corporate hooligans- much more insidious and snidy! Keep the faith Maggie! xx
    • 376 posts
    April 25, 2013 10:36 PM BST

Sorry to have to come in here but Maggie you will end up getting hurt if you take that attitude.

Ok its not nice what we have to go through in life "but" If you had just taken you moblie phone out and recorded what was going on then went to the police you could have seen them in court. You have every right to live your life as you wish and just be who you are .

Ignore "anything" The person hiding behind the dog image says they have no real life experience living life as a female "a basic cop out" .

We are protected by laws so use them! That is the whole problem here , if you get them in court and everyone else does to it will put a stop to it or at the very least help to plus you will give others hope.

Cristine has given you some good advice if you can't take it from me then take it from her . We both know what real life is about we have been victims ourselves.

Just take care ok . x

This post was edited by Former Member at April 25, 2013 10:41 PM BST
  • April 26, 2013 2:24 AM BST

Hi Former, I'm really sorry, I have no idea what this means, could you run it past me again! 

Ignore "anything" The person hiding behind the dog image says they have no real life experience living life as a female "a basic cop out" .

Gimme a clue girl! 

The phone is a good idea! Thanks for that, although my worry would be taking a phone out and filming would get you a serious kicking and your phone stolen too. Honestly, I'm not being sarky, this is south london we're talking about. I think the real point is that if youre transitioning and something like this happens, what do you do to get back on the horse and out the door again?

Last time round I took so many beatings I had to flee the area. Alcohol, junk, detox, rehab, and 10 years back in the closet later and here I am back where I started. But I'm not affraid any more. Not at all.

I had a breakdown of course. Worst 10 years of my life. I'm still an outpatient at The Maudsley because of it. Truth be told I'd rather die than face that again. But I'm not going to die, I'm going to live and theres no way I'm going to live in fear. Like I said, I'll deal with it as I see it at the time. 

M x

• 376 posts
    April 26, 2013 6:13 AM BST

Hi Maggie.

I don't like being Former Member I do have a real name , the person hiding behind the dog image is the main reason I can't stay here.

It makes no difference where you live , hate again'st us is all over the country . I have been through the crap too , not as much as you by the sounds of it but I have had my fair share .

I commend you for standing up for yourself but the only way to put an end to this is "everyone" to get them into court. You have a legal right to go about your day to day life as the real you. Evidence is the only way to get a conviction.

Don't let them know you are filming them do it discreetly .

You are back out and getting somewhere , my point is don't let them send you back into having to hide away.

Just please take care because if you fight back you will get hurt or you could be the one in trouble whilst they get away with it laughing.

x.

• April 26, 2013 9:42 AM BST

Hi Maggie,

Crissie and Julia are right lovey - don't put yourself in danger, it would be you that ends up broken and beaten in the gutter.  I have heard a number of TS's saying that they would fight back - bravado from a testosterone fuelled past maybe - but after being on anti-androgens and oestrogen for a few years, your strength goes, believe me - so you against even one bloke you would end up in trouble, never mind three of them.

Pull a weapon on them (even a nail file) and use it on them, it would be you that ends up in court and you that ends up doing time - more lost years for you.  It just isn't worth it - walk away.

Carol xx

• April 26, 2013 11:59 AM BST
    I think you may have nailed it Carol!
    Bravado from a testosterone fuelled past is probably more accurate than I would like it to be if I'm honest!
    There is no doubt testosterone kicks in in a situation like that. That's just where that's at.
    Christ, I don't even like saying the word, but its a hard wired evolutionary response, millions of years in the making, and its there to keep your a*s alive.
    I have been in a few scrapes in my time, I would imagine most of us have. If you are out and about you are going to run into hassle on the streets sooner or later. It's a question of when and how serious it will be.
    Please don't get me wrong ladies, I'm not a hooligan, I'm a musician. I know beyond any doubt that you guys are 100% right. It's just not worth it. I'm not stupid, I agree!
    I knew that this was going to happen eventually, and perhaps I "anticipated" too much into the situation. But you have to know where I'm coming from. The violence and hatred I came up against last time round was shocking by any standards. I lost count if the beatings I took. I have the scars to remind me every time I look in the mirror. But I don't have to tell you guys that the pain from the beatings was tinker toys compared with the agony of 10 years back in the closet. I think it's written into the deal you make with yourself when you decide to come out or transition - how much am I willing to take in order to get where I want to be? And this is the point - after you've had all that kicked out of you, how do you start again? When you actually know for sure from bitter experience what is very likely in store for you, how do you carry on?
    When I came back out again it was from a position like this, and in my mind taking abuse from idiots in
    the street was just another detail. You know what it's like .... I'll probably lose my job, my house, my partner, my friends, everything I own, and take a mountain of s*** from complete strangers every day... Hey! That's alright! I can handle it! Lets do this thing!
    I doubt anything as dramatic as this will happen for a while and hopefully I won't have quite as much testosterone to contend with when it does!
    In a way I'm glad it's happened. I've been full time for a wee while now and this is the only trouble I've had. I should count myself lucky really. The one thing I was dreading the most is now behind me I'm still here and I'm more or less untroubled by it all. I'm thinking - if that's all there is to worry about then this thing is pretty much in the bag!
    ......... If I can keep my big mouth shut!

M x

• April 26, 2013 1:06 PM BST

Hey Maggie,

being brought up in south London myself, & knowing the area where this happened.

I`m hardly surprised. It is an area, of multi culture & multi levels of intolorence. You

could`ve quite easely have been abused for being, White, Scotish, black, Polish, Chinese,

Asia. Gay,man,woman or trans! While my head & heart are passive, & having the convenience of hearing

you story, as a concerned friend. I can`t hold my hand on my heart & say i would`ve acted any

different. As, as you said. It was an instinctive response. Which we are all slaves too, in our own

personalities. While the peace loving hippy in me. wants peace & love for all cultures, creeds & genders.

The kid who grew up, having to fight almost everyday. dealing with gangs coming into the area I lived in.

Trying to beat bully & intimidate. Those they saw as weaker. The fight or flight instinct, is ingrained.

So while i agree with Carol, Cristine & Julia. That your response could`ve ended badly for you.

I understand the need to stand up for yourself, confront the bully! There is another issue too.

While you may be able to possibly use considered reasoning, with individuals. If you show any sign,

of being a victim. The pack mentality of those who were shouting abuse at you Maggie. Would`ve given

them the sign or encouragement they needed to get out & attack. So it is a very hard & difficult line to walk,

in these situations. Personally, i believe. As we know each other & have met often enough now, to have an

idea of your awareness of your surroundings. That you actually, instinctively knew. This was the response 

that was needed to deal with the situation. Yes afterwards you can go over any number of senereos, but

possibly next time, just a smile & a wave may be right for the situation. in the end. You walked away head held high

& no harm done. Which as your friend darling is the most important thing to me, & to all of us.....

Love Daisy

• 1652 posts
    April 26, 2013 1:58 PM BST
    "...don't you know a good Lukather that could give it the fret job it needs".
    I don't think Steve provides this service! You mean: luthier.
    I'm sorry I'm sorry, pedantic I know, but I couldn't resist.
    Is a post-CBS Strat with dodgy frets really worth that much? Wow.
    Sorry, all off-topic. Er, back on...
    Take the car reg, call the police, yeah video the abuse if you can, but probably unrealistic to be able to do this surreptitiously. Even without evidence, the police would give them a good talking to, make them think twice about dishing out abuse on the streets again.
    xx
  • April 26, 2013 3:53 PM BST

if it was me

id get ipwebcam up on my phone select my twitch account turn the cam on upload live to twitch then as they drive away pull my phone out and get there reg plate with the cam

if they stop to start anything saying we will just take ya phone so you dont have evidence sorry every second is undeletable on twitch now enjoy ya fame your live on twitch tv

id suggest walking away now

i know not everyone has the latest phone tho but thats what i would do

This post was edited by Rebecca Armstrong at April 27, 2013 1:36 PM BST
  • April 26, 2013 4:20 PM BST

A live coward or a dead hero?

I've been the former on many occasions and I've stood my ground alone as well (Cue Country &Western noises!). 

It's all about circumstances.

Four against one?

One loses.

Watch where you go!

Love and peace

Heather X

• 376 posts
    April 26, 2013 4:56 PM BST

Just for now I am back and not nameless and faceless because this topic is important to me.

Maggie and "anyone" who comes up with this kind of treatment from others it needs to be stamped out. Its going to take years but it can be done.

We in my eyes have to have more strength than the average human just to survive sometimes. I would not think there are many trans girls who have had to face up to hatred from idiots.

We live in a country where we are being constantly watched , there are cameras everywhere if they are not watching they are recording , time and date down to the last second , if you report it then it will most likely be recorded. 

Personally I carry a digital voice recorder and my mobile if I need to film anything but not doing it in an obvious manner.

I am lucky I suppose knowing that people around me are either friends I have made or a few idiots who know I will not put up with it.

My local police force are amazing and will not tolerate this kind of thing so one call to them and any idiot gets arrested . I would think by now every police force acts in the same way.

I started a thread this morning about my dream , I wrote it in a hurry as I needed to be somewhere so wether it makes sense or not I don't know . That dream is to see every trangender person to be able to live their lives in the same way as any other human , because we are human. We are not lesser than anyone else if anything we are better for the crap some of us have to live through.

So getting into a fight is not the way to handle it , I can understand how you felt Maggie but never put yourself in danger again. To many of us have been seriously hurt or driven to suicide and for what? Being ourselves , if thats a crime then I for one plead guilty to it.

Me again'st one person if I had to or needed to "would" defend myself. Where I live once a week I have no choice but to walk through about 40 to 50 drunken idiots to get home , I listen to the "nice arse" kind of comments (Yes I do have a nice arse) but it takes me a minute or two and I am the otherside of them . First time yes it was scary but now I am used to them and they are used to me but if I ever said anything to them that would be it for me , I would not stand a chance.

We all can learn from each other how to deal with problems , and although I will never see my dream come true I truly hope the estimated 3 million trans people in this country do.

Stay safe .

Julia x

• 2358 posts
    April 26, 2013 5:25 PM BST

Oh lord, Please give me the serenity to accept that which I cannot change.

The tenacity and courage to change the things I cannot accept

Give me the guile and fortitude to conceal succesfully the bodies of the people I killed today for pissing me off.

Keep me mindful wonderrous god,, not to tread on the toes attached to the arses i might have to kiss tomorow.

Should I be tempted, remind me that a man is like mascara, first sign of emnotion and it runs.

But fill me with cheer that life is not always an uphill struggle, sometimes we choose the slippery downwards slope and end up back  in the **** we were striving to get out of in the first place.

Make me always aware that it take 42 muscles to frown add another 14 arguing, when realy all it needs is 4, to extend an arm, clench a fist and wack the bombastic biggots in the mouth for winding me up.

And most important, please confirm that, a profile, saying, single unatached guy, looking for convincing tranny...., they must be very discreet,  I can't accomodate, limited travel, your place, only

= lying married cheating toad.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at April 27, 2013 8:54 AM BST
    • 376 posts
    April 26, 2013 5:36 PM BST

I have just applied to adopt Cristine Shye . I promise to feed her keep a roof over her head and just party every night "Application approved".

Nice attachment Cristine under the wise words of observation of life put in a way only you could do.

Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at April 26, 2013 10:26 PM BST
  • April 26, 2013 6:20 PM BST

I wish I could have been strong enough to stand up to bullies.

• 0 posts
    April 26, 2013 10:22 PM BST

Lucy Diamond said:
    "...don't you know a good Lukather that could give it the fret job it needs". I don't think Steve provides this service! You mean: luthier. I'm sorry I'm sorry, pedantic I know, but I couldn't resist. Is a post-CBS Strat with dodgy frets really worth that much? Wow. Sorry, all off-topic. Er, back on... Take the car reg, call the police, yeah video the abuse if you can, but probably unrealistic to be able to do this surreptitiously. Even without evidence, the police would give them a good talking to, make them think twice about dishing out abuse on the streets again. xx

Go right ahead Lucy, I don't mind. I get them mixed up; can't you tell, and I didn't check before posting. 'This ain't Kansas Toto!' lol

But surely it would be worth fixing a ₤6,000 guitar and selling it for ₤12,000. I keep my 3 Yamahas is top condition.

Maggie, the testosterone fueled 'fight or flight' response is not unique to males. It is not something that t-girls need to contend with just because they are t-girls.

But I digress. Back to the Danger on the Streets. In any situation there are antecedents and consequences to behaviour. I know I have a view about 'dressing' and some others take issue with it. I also live in another land that couldn't be any further from your context without going into Orbit. But my point is this. Surely, if t-girls are going to frequent random areas that are not guaranteed 'safe' then a few precautions need to be taken. My take on this is quite simple. If a t-girl dresses OTT and then twaddles off into risky areas then she is simply inviting trouble.

Sure, we have the right to live our lives as God intended, and to go peacefully about our business without being accosted or harrassed, abused or assaulted. But Dreams never match Reality because Reality is Flawed. Not all the problems we face are unique to transsexuals. Children need the same care, digilence and guidance. Would you let a child walk unattended into a den of lions? Peace indeed! 

Take Care.

CB          

• 376 posts
    April 26, 2013 10:55 PM BST

Chalice Brendale said (whilst under the influence of something).

I also live in another land that couldn't be any further from your context without going into Orbit. But my point is this. Surely, if t-girls are going to frequent random areas that are not guaranteed 'safe' then a few precautions need to be taken. My take on this is quite simple. If a t-girl dresses OTT and then twaddles off into risky areas then she is simply inviting trouble.

Sure, we have the right to live our lives as God intended, and to go peacefully about our business without being accosted or harrassed, abused or assaulted. But Dreams never match Reality because Reality is Flawed. Not all the problems we face are unique to transsexuals. Children need the same care, digilence and guidance. Would you let a child walk unattended into a den of lions? Peace indeed! 

Take Care.

CB          

Julia Ford said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know you live in another land! I would say another planet. As for as your God intended! The head of the Catholic church made an open statement that Transexuals do not deserve a life. You hurl passages from the bible at me yet cannot even keep to your 10 commandments! Don't you think that is being a hypocrite? Its ok I will answer it "YES" .

This is a Transgender website not fecking bible.com. Cut the God shite keep it for church.

This post was edited by Former Member at April 26, 2013 11:25 PM BST
  • April 26, 2013 11:27 PM BST
    Hi Lucy, you'd be surprised. Even an 80's strat is considered vintage these days. I've been keeping an eye on 'bulletheads' since around 2000, they were going for around £3,500 back then. Saw a rosewood sunburst one for $6,500 about three years ago in even worse nick than mine. Mine is black maple neck. Same as Jimi on band of gypsies. Which is of course the reason I bought it! I always preferred the big headstock too.
    From what I've heard Chalice, any work to an original instantly devalues it. It must have all it's original parts. I won't be selling it for a while but I do look at it as money in the bank.
    I guess the message is to to keep a cool head and try to use a bit of savvy. Don't put yourself in more danger than you're already in.
    This was probably always going to happen. My last transition attempt was disastrous. It took an awful lot of hyping myself up to start again. You know how it is. I guess the first moron to bother me was always going to get it straight back with interest. If anything it probably shows how scared I was.
    I'm scared of history repeating itself. That scares me more than any foul mouthed halfwit on the street. I can't afford anything to go wrong this time.

• 114 posts
    April 27, 2013 12:06 AM BST

..so..i came in late to this topic, mainly because i have been confused by the update. so by virtue of my speed reading..i can get the general idea..maggie wanted to sell a guitar in a car park but she dropped it and broke the cars fender..the occupants of said vehicle fretted and abused maggie because her neck wasnt right?..so she then used a nail file to escape from the safe they imprisoned her in..whilst playing "mission impossible" theme tune on an antique bass?

im joking of course..maggie..all i can say is i bet youve been running the whole scenario through your mind endlessly, trying to find a better ending with hindsight...i guess the best ending is..you walked away unhurt..and with a little bit of experience.;  i cant say what i would have done..everyone would have been different.. im just glad you survived to torture more english people with that interminable racket you call music.. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 376 posts
    April 27, 2013 12:11 AM BST

Debbie you are totally bonkers but with a big heart .

Love ya xxx

• 0 posts
    April 27, 2013 12:11 AM BST

"Courage without Folly" Maggie.  Let that be our motto.

Mind how you go.

CB

This post was edited by Former Member at April 27, 2013 12:12 AM BST
  • April 27, 2013 12:53 AM BST
    Haha! You got me sussed Debs! That's my reason for getting up in the morning! xxxxxxxxxxx
  • April 27, 2013 2:41 AM BST

Maggie, I'm sorry that you had to go through that, I'm happy that it came out as it did, and I'm proud of you, as bad of an idea as violence is, you stood your ground and showed them your inner strength as a person.  Please take care of yourself and be careful.

• 434 posts
    April 27, 2013 3:48 AM BST

Carol is right about losing strength after being on hormones for a while.

I had an experience shortly after I had started hormones in which I was swarmed by 6 guys between 17 yr old and 19 yr old.

Three months later I got a call from the police... it appears that the Father of one of the boys was angry about having to pay his son's "Dental costs" arising from that confrontation...

"My Bad" Embarassed

I would probably not defend myself as well as I did then - but they happened to choose a day when my boobs were hurting like hell!!Yell

Be careful girls!!!

Doanna

• 376 posts
    April 27, 2013 9:13 AM BST

I don't like putting this here and I may not leave it here long , it brings back some bad memories . Maggie this was not my ideal way of making history here in Suffolk but in a strange way for all of the pain it caused me it made me stronger and also gained me a lot of respect.

Three court appearances and 5 long months of being drained he finally caved in and addmitted his guilt , and yes I was defiant because I am me.

Cowards attack me on the internet from a safe distance but never to my face. This is the way to deal with hate.

Julia x

• April 27, 2013 9:46 AM BST

I suppose, when all is said & done. Everyone is glad you came through this unharmed Maggie.

As someone who I believe learns from her experiences. I`m sure you`ll have gone over in your mind, different options, if it ever happens again in the future. As you said, it was probably the built in anger, from previous encounters. ( to put it mildly!) That provoked your response. Also as i stated before. The fact that you are aware of you surroundings, & instinctively knew, this was your best choice of response. Possibly too, what also helped. Was the fact, that you are more a rock chic, than a barbie. If you`d been out in a pink tuffeter skirt & white stilletoes. (not that I`m saying you shouldn`t!. Other than my personal opinion, as a bit too Essex barbie) The outcome may have been different. In the end, you refused to be a victim. Which always makes bullies think twice....

Kudos darling. Now don`t do it again!

• April 27, 2013 10:51 AM BST

More power to you Julia! That must have taken a lot of courage. Good on you girl. Up the rebels! You know me Daisy, I'm a scruff, I'm more Patti Smith than Cheryl Cole... In my imagination at least! Can I change that to elegant scruff? X

Allah be praised! I think I have found the answer to all our troubles!

This post was edited by Former Member at April 28, 2013 6:08 PM BST
  • April 27, 2013 11:29 AM BST

yes you can darling

• 376 posts
    April 28, 2013 4:52 PM BST

Maggie if you want to rid yourself of Testosterone then get one of these stuck in your bum every 12 weeks , my last blood test results said "No trace refere to gender clinic"

Take care , Julia x.