emotional baggage

• May 29, 2013 11:12 AM BST

I think it`s pretty certain, that anyone who is a member here. Has to some degree, an amout of emotional baggage. This can pop up at any time, & send you into a bit of a funk. So, it is nice to get the support of those here. Certaily those you consider friends. I don`t believe in exposing all your baggage in public, certainly not on the home page, or in the chat rooms. If I feel a need for support. I`ll contact someone & we`ll do this in private. This works for me, for others, maybe the universal, either empathy or sympathy is what they need. (No judgement here) Of course, with my way. People have no idea. I`m possibly going through a bit of a crisis. So they may see my actions as strange. This I understand, but if you don`t have the whole picture. Then it is impossible to know, what is going on. So no comment to others is better than making comments that you may either regret, or show you in a bad light. So if myself or others don`t always follow, what you expect as the norm, or common courtesy. There may be a reason for it! Even if we choose not to air it in public & maybe show a little respect........................

• 434 posts
    May 30, 2013 11:13 PM BST

Yes, many of us seem to prefer to hide our problems. Sometimes because those problems hurt us even to think of... or because they are afraid that people will not care.

I'm sorry that you are having a bit of a crises at this time Daisy. HUGS

• May 30, 2013 11:44 PM BST

thanks for your kindness Doanna.

("Of course with my way. People have no idea. I`m possibly going through a bit of a crisis")

Which isn`t saying, I am, but if i were, unkind & negative comments, are unjustified. As the whole picture isn`t available.

So to make an assumption without all the facts, is both arrogant & ignorant.

I only share my problems, with those I know well enough to trust with them. They are not for public display.

I don`t have a problem with people not caring, as 99.9% of people have enough of a hardship dealing with their own problems.

I am greatful, you took the time to respond though Doanna, & for your generousity of spirit darling

love Daisy

• May 30, 2013 11:49 PM BST

Hope it's just a statement, and not an admission of current issues.  If you are down, I hope you find some peace or are uplifted soon.  You are right though, there are many here that can be a good friend and just listen.  I had the need to tax a friend a couple nights ago, in a bit of a funk myself, or was, I guess.  We all get there, if you need to talk...........

Hugs

• May 30, 2013 11:53 PM BST

Thanks Bri darling,

you are awesome!

• 746 posts
    May 31, 2013 6:01 AM BST

Geez Daisy, or anyone else who reads this thread, if someone is feeling "down" you can always read my rubbish in chat or threads!  I'm good for at least a laugh or two...not sure just what's in my 'mones, but girl, let me tell you it makes me goofy!  LOL

Seriously, I agree that it isn't the best policy to lay it out there on the wall for the world to see, especially total strangers or those infamous "0's" and "1's" disguised as people on an internet web site.  But it does feel darned good when there's nobody else nearby you can share it with and all you have left are those "0's" and "1's" on the other side of the pond that will isten to you!!!  So GF, if I'm around, and there's nobody else to open up to, do feel free to dump your feelings my way.  The cool thing is I'll listen...the other cool thing is I'm probably not going to understand and probably will forget within 15 minutes, so your secrets are safe with me!  (smile)

When in doubt, crush some mother nature and sit down with your guitar for a few hours!

Luv ya!

Traci xoxo

• 746 posts
    May 31, 2013 6:02 AM BST

Something to laugh at...me trying to make a funny face!  (grin)

• May 31, 2013 8:19 AM BST

Thanks Traci,

when i wrote this thread, i wasn`t looking for comfort.

i was making a point, that there are times, when people may feel down, or be going through stuff, & when others comment on your actions.

They are doing so without all the facts.  No disrespect to you Traci or anyone else who has offered their support. You are all awesome, but I`m good

love Daisy

• 0 posts
    May 31, 2013 9:03 AM BST

Daisy Dear,

If I replied to everyone who posted here, and to every comment, I wouldn't have time to do anything else. And the blues wouldn't be the blues if anyone could cope with them. But that's one reason why the blues were uncovered in the first place.

What I do know is: You're not in LOVE until she makes you blue.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-0KRM_eROA

Chalice

This post was edited by Former Member at May 31, 2013 9:42 AM BST
  • May 31, 2013 9:41 AM BST

Thank you for sharing your insight Chalice.

I`m not sure what that has to do with this thread, or what you`ve read into it, but I`ll take it your intentions are well meant.....

Daisy

• 0 posts
    May 31, 2013 9:48 AM BST

IDK. Maybe it has something to do with your opening assumptions.

Daisy Dymond said:

I think it`s pretty certain, that anyone who is a member here. Has to some degree, an amout of emotional baggage. This can pop up at any time, & send you into a bit of a funk.

Some problems can be solved by sharing with others, some problems can be solved alone and some problems are unsolvable.

Personally, I like to solve my own problems, afterall, why should I burden others?

This post was edited by Former Member at May 31, 2013 9:58 AM BST
  • May 31, 2013 10:03 AM BST

ok, I get that.

also, agree with sorting yourself out.

While your doing it though, you may be distracted, & behave a little off.

Going back to my point, that others don`t know what`s going on with you, & many tend to make assumptions & comment on what they percieve.

As they don`t have the full facts. So we all, at some time are dealing with something. So passing comment or judgement, to either make themselves feel clever or superior. Is as i stated before, ignorent & arrogent. I`m not aiming this at you Chalice. I`m just making one of the points I did in the first post

• 0 posts
    May 31, 2013 10:14 AM BST

Oh, I didn't think you were aiming it at me.

You are right of course. If I announced at work I have been transitioning for nearly ten years, everyone would act like they know exactly what is going on with me, what my lifestyle is like, and how to react to show acceptance or rejection.

Consolation is a very delicate skill, few people can get it right. That's why commiserating with others is always a raw experience and often brings naked emotion. But there is something in sharing our sorrows with others that opens them up to our feelings of vulnerability. If we are vulnerable where shall we find protection? Who will save us?

^*_*^ 

This post was edited by Former Member at May 31, 2013 10:36 AM BST
    • 114 posts
    May 31, 2013 1:46 PM BST
    The medium of text based communication is open to all sorts of misunderstandings , that's the nature of the beast. What one person reads as genuine, another may perceive sarcasm throughout. It's human nature to read things from whatever emotional state you happen to be in at the time and as long as everyone realises this, then we have a starting point at least. I recently read through some of my chat room logs and In the cold light of day... I came across as an overbearing sarcastic bitch. But at the time I thought i was being witty and charming. Just shows you what text talk can do eh? The emotional baggage issue is another illustration to my point, people do Mis comprehend the original poster a lot and then the conversation goes in a direction it wasn't meant to. I wish they had a device where we could see and hear each other ( whaddya mean the webcams been invented?) even voice chat would be an amazing advantage in the chat room. Xxx
    This post was edited by Debbie Davies at May 31, 2013 4:19 PM BST
  • May 31, 2013 2:08 PM BST

Debbie I couldn't agree more.  Vocal, facial, body inflections are such a huge part of face to face conversation.  The real meaning may sometimes get lost in the post.

• May 31, 2013 2:12 PM BST

Of course Debs, it is open to mispeception. Which is another reason, when the facts aint in. Say nothing! Rather than say something or infer something.

That is aimed to cast a negetive light. Particually if the person isn`t there to respond. Don`t you agree?

• 114 posts
    May 31, 2013 4:18 PM BST
    Wholeheartedly daisy xxxx
    • 746 posts
    May 31, 2013 10:47 PM BST

Fine!  (grin)  Now I'm totally dazed and confused...and it's all your fault Ms. Daisy Maisy Schmayzi...(smile)

But I'm not stopping with the amazing wit and humor, ever!  Nope, not me...you think it's better to remain silent and have others think you're a fool rather than open your mouth and prove you're one!  Well girl friend, ahhh...ummm...nevermind!  I forgot what I was going to say...LOL  

ciao~ for now...

Traci xoxo

• May 31, 2013 10:53 PM BST

Traci,

you are a treasure darling. Even though I`ve no idea what the hell your on about.

all the same big hug darling, you always cheer me up, even when you aint trying too..........

xDaisyX

• 746 posts
    May 31, 2013 11:05 PM BST

Daisy, if I had a clue about life, I would not be like I am...which actually, I totally am OK with! It makes it more fun...so girl, when in doubt, just ask yourself, "WWTD"????  (OK...what would Traci do)...then do something different!

Love ya too..
    Traci xoxo
  • May 31, 2013 11:11 PM BST

I think you have one of the more healthy attitudes to life darling

• 746 posts
    May 31, 2013 11:15 PM BST

Daisy, sometimes you are the windshield, and sometimes you are the bug!  (grin)  xoxo

• 0 posts
    May 31, 2013 11:33 PM BST

In Memorium

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93.

The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.

They put his left leg in.

And then the trouble started.

• 114 posts
    June 1, 2013 8:28 AM BST
    Sorry to hear that Chalice, he was a great man indeed! I used to be addicted to the Hokey Cokey, but i turned myself around, and that's what it's all about. X
    • 0 posts
    June 1, 2013 8:52 AM BST

Glad to hear you're all right now Debbie. I have my own demons and a skeleton or two in the cupboard. But I've learned the hard way not to resurrect them. But if I'm pushed I might admit: I don't blame it on the Sunshine, I don't blame it on moonlight, don't blame it on the good times.  

• June 1, 2013 8:56 AM BST

Hi all i know i am like a total newbie around here, but for me to write in some blogs and to be open and honest is a way for me to feel alright with myself. i mean i have looked all over youtube for a story about finding out about ones self and  the path of it all. and nothing anywhere. i have also found out that others dont really pos that kind of stuff and are much more of a lady than me. i just have to many airhead and bad times to cover it all up all of the while i am feeling all bare inside of my head and unconfortable outside.  but i have always been this way either all closed up or all out there.

• 0 posts
    June 1, 2013 10:12 AM BST

Hi Richard.

Others don't really post what kind of stuff? Perhaps you could have a closer look at the forums.

CB

Richard Buchanan said:

Hi all i know i am like a total newbie around here, but for me to write in some blogs and to be open and honest is a way for me to feel alright with myself. i mean i have looked all over youtube for a story about finding out about ones self and  the path of it all. and nothing anywhere. i have also found out that others dont really pos that kind of stuff and are much more of a lady than me. i just have to many airhead and bad times to cover it all up all of the while i am feeling all bare inside of my head and unconfortable outside.  but i have always been this way either all closed up or all out there.

• June 1, 2013 11:30 AM BST

seeing as this post seems to be turning into some sort of poor comedy sketch. I`m out & will stop following it

This post was edited by Former Member at June 1, 2013 11:32 AM BST
    • 114 posts
    June 1, 2013 1:44 PM BST
    Keep on following it Daisy, I apologise for my part in Derailing this thread and promise to be a good girl xxxx
    This post was edited by Debbie Davies at June 1, 2013 4:18 PM BST
    • 746 posts
    June 1, 2013 6:36 PM BST

<====guilty as charged...

But screw my pennance...not into that stuff at all!  Life dealt me enough trauma and now I have to say like 3 "Hail Marys" or something?

Fughheddabowdit!

Traci xoxo