Nervous Day

• 34 posts
    June 3, 2013 1:19 AM BST
    Ok so my day.....

I've met a really lovely woman recently, and feel I've made a good friend. Only met up a few times but can feel a closeness that's pretty rare, we seam to share a connection, and really understand each other when every one else is clueless haha.

Well, she came to mine this afternoon, and as we sat chatting, for some reason, I had the need to tell her about who I am. I guess I just wanted to start making friends who know ME, all of me, wart and all haha.

So, there we were, chatting and laughing, and suddenly I just come out with it

"Oh btw, im a cross dresser"

She was totally speechless, she didn't actually say anything for about 5 mins. I was in tears by now, in disbelief, not just that I had told her, but the totally tactless way I did lol.

I told her I knew she would have questions, and that it was ok, I'd answer all of them as clearly as I was able. Sure enough, the questions came.

"How long? Are you gay? Have you seen a counselor? Who else knows? Why did you tell me?"

After about an hour of talking, i could see she was having a hard time, so I explained that it is part of me, like a smile, or a foot. It's not a condition, it's just me. I also Tryed to tell her that im the same person as yesterday, and will still be the same tomorrow, it's just that I trusted her enough to let her into a long suppressed part of my life.....
    • 34 posts
    June 3, 2013 1:27 AM BST
    She was still looking quite confused, not really knowing what to think, so decided not to push it, but anything she wanted to know, it's ok.

We went out for a wonderful walk, and chatted about lots of different things and laughed and joked. It felt like the topic had never came up, which made me think I hadn't actually said anything lol.

Eventually she looked at me and told me that although it hadn't really sunk in yet, that it was ok, and that she felt very honored that I felt I could talk to her about it.

At first, i thought I'd messed up, but now, although I know some people would have a problem with it, she's going to be cool. More importantly, it felt good, to be able to openly tall about it with friends, and to be able to answer their questions. I have to be honest, it's only really since joining this site, and reading everyone's posts, that I feel able and confident to do this.

I want to say a huge thank you, to every one for all the support and help this site provides. Love you all.

Thank you. Xxx
    • 34 posts
    June 3, 2013 1:27 AM BST
    Sorry double post
    This post was edited by Stephie Hughes at June 3, 2013 1:33 AM BST
    • 434 posts
    June 3, 2013 2:24 AM BST

Stephenie,

Progress comes in tiny steps. You have obviously made a step forward today. Hugs!

• 114 posts
    June 3, 2013 9:55 AM BST
    That's brilliant Stephanie. I remember telling my best friend last year ( a very macho guy). Like you, I hadn't planned to , but just came out with it. He was so cool about it that I was on cloud 9 for ages. I got millions of questions too but was happy to answer and talk. We still have the same relationship and are close, with the exception if his litte jokes ( which are funny and not cruel). I'm glad this all went well for you Stephanie! Xxx
    • 34 posts
    June 4, 2013 10:22 PM BST
    Ok, well, gotta be honest, this isn't looking good. But hey, gotta give it time, bit of a shock for anyone, but don't get a good feeling from it at all. Dont think I can go through this, it's really upsetting. Why can't people just like us for who we are, and not who they want us to be.
    • 434 posts
    June 7, 2013 12:15 AM BST

Stephenie,

As long as there have been human relationships there have been disappointments...regardless of the gender mix between two people. Sometimes - it just doesn't work out.

The type of person we are is important to us and if the other person is looking for something different from what we are...then that is OK too.

I do hope it works out for you though:)

Hugs!