Skirt hanger loops - or the lack of them.

• 13 posts
    August 17, 2013 12:20 PM BST

Just a little moan. I have bought some skirts which have come without hanger loops, which is a nuisance, I think. I could sling them over the rail on an ordinary hanger, but they look a bit silly. I have some hangers with clips on like clothes pegs, which are ideal, but they're all being used. Miniskirts can go in a drawer, but I don't like doing this to longer skirts. Now I have to find where I can buy the hangers I want!

• August 17, 2013 8:02 PM BST

Try Sainsbury's, most of the skirts and jeans that they sell come with hangers of this type and many people discard them at the checkout - so they might even give you a few if you ask nicely, or just charge you a very small amount for them

• 13 posts
    August 17, 2013 9:20 PM BST

That sounds like a good idea. Funnily enough I went to my local Sainsbury's, which sells clothes, this afternoon. I looked on the shelves, but didn't find the type of hanger I want. I will ask them next time I go there - dare I ask for half a dozen? I don't know where the hangers I already have came from, I inherited those from my wife, maybe they came from Sainsbury's.

I read your blog, by the way, it's very interesting. You certainly had a hard time getting to where you wanted to be.

This post was edited by Donna H at August 17, 2013 10:19 PM BST
  • August 17, 2013 9:28 PM BST

Yes, but it was well worth it in the end Donna, shall we say it was just a wee bit more difficult back then than it is today

• 434 posts
    August 22, 2013 4:18 AM BST

I purchased a number of great skirt hangers that interlok together (you get 5 interlocking hangers in the one package) and each skirt waist band is lower than the previous skirt to avoid wrinkling. You can actually combine 10 or 12 hangers (depending on the length of the skirt "LOL"). Each "clip is padded just enough to hold the skirt without denting the material. Each set of 5 cost about $6.

Since I am a "clothes hog" and love wearing dresses and skirts... I bought 12 sets (blush)

You never know when you might need them...

• 13 posts
    August 22, 2013 5:45 PM BST

That sounds like a good idea, Doanna, especially if it saves wardrobe space.

I tried at Sainsbury's, but they say that all hangers not wanted by customers are recycled. Fair enough, I can't argue about that policy. So I'll have to look elsewhere.

This post was edited by Donna H at August 22, 2013 5:46 PM BST
  • August 22, 2013 7:17 PM BST

Try http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC0.A0.Xskirt+hangers&_nkw=skirt+hangers&_sacat=0&_from=R40 they have plenty of the type you want

• 13 posts
    August 27, 2013 5:10 PM BST

Do you know what, Carol? I forgot to look on eBay! I hadn't looked at this thread for a few days, and I decided to have a look in Hounslow. Funnily enough, the thought that I should have looked on eBay occurred to me whilst on the way there. I walked along most of the High Street, and was about to give up, go home and look on eBay, when I decided to try one more shop, and lo and behold, they had what I wanted. They sold at 3 for £1, so I bought 6. They're a bit tinny,  the clips being made of thin metal, but they do have rubber inserts on the clips. They'll do for now, but I may buy the more expensive ones on eBay later. The problem is solved for now! Thanks for your help, Carol.