Kind people day for me! ; )

• 95 posts
    August 22, 2013 10:02 PM BST

Hi everyone,

Since I am out of work, I have lots of time now to contribute my $.02 to GS...you'll get sick of me!

Anyway, my hair is longish now, just covers my ears, quite thick in back, and I thought I might be able to get a cut that is boyish and girlish, like a shaggy pixie. While waiting for my appt, I wandered around the other stores, looked at some styling mags, then went by a store where two young women were setting a display. One had the perfect cut! I went in and told her I really liked her cut, she told me who her hairdresser is, and I called the salon, but her hairdresser is off work today - I wanted to get a cut before my interview Tuesday. So I went back and she allowed me to take some pics with my phone to show the salon I was going to, and she said it was an "Assymetrical Pixie". The other salon person knew what it was and suggested I wait another 1/2 inch of length, not quite long enough. So I was disappointed not to get a cut, but very pleased that everyone was so kind. I was dressed in drab, so I told these ladies I was TG and they didn't bat an eye! They just said good luck on your adventure... ; ). So as i was walking out of hte plaza, I was pulled aside by a beauty products vendor to show me some skin cream! How did she know?  It was some brand I didn't recognize, so no sale. But my wrist is smoother!

-Robin xxx

• 13 posts
    August 27, 2013 6:42 PM BST

I should really get my hair sorted out too. It hasn't been cut since May last year (for my wife's funeral) and it's shoulder-length now, and very bushy. I'm a wee bit thin on top, but too bushy at the sides - it needs thinning out I think. Another thing I'm thinking of doing is getting my ears pierced, I have just bid on a pair of earrings on eBay (auction finishes this evening), so I may end up with a pair of earrings and nowhere to put them... and you wouldn't be able to see the earrings anyway because of my hair.

This post was edited by Donna H at August 27, 2013 6:49 PM BST
    • 95 posts
    August 27, 2013 7:04 PM BST

You know, Donna, I forgot all abouot ear piercing...i didn't want to do it when i was employed at teh marina. Now I'm unemployed, I guess I could do it. I only have one pair silver 1" hoop earring it would certainly open things up for me! Thanks! ; )

• 13 posts
    August 27, 2013 7:52 PM BST

Some men here do get at least one ear pierced, wearing a tiny ring. And they're definitely macho. Maybe a marina is the wrong place though. And maybe I can find a hairdresser's that does ear piercing, and kill two birds with one stone. But maybe I'm an optimist... One thing I certainly don't want is a tattoo, so I don't want to go anywhere near a tattooist or tattoo parlour.

• August 30, 2013 3:13 AM BST

great topic.  Feel alittle funny thinking i am so not calming down any. my first hair cut i wanted to color dark blond with red and light pink highlights, and some dolphins earings for a first step. still in 40's though so i will behave when i fill out some. now i have to look up this pixie haircut and find out. good luck with growing your hair out, mine is just covering my ears also, but i get wings over my ears so i have to something soon. maybe just a hair cut this month, and i little cut on the back to even it out some.  

• 13 posts
    September 2, 2013 7:44 PM BST

Well, I got my ears pierced today in a Twickenham tattoo parlour. All those tattoos, ugh! They're definitely not my cup of tea. It cost me a tenner (£10) including studs. The trouble is that the studs have to be left in for six weeks before I can wear earrings, and I have to bathe each ear lobe with a saline solution daily. I was told to use sea salt, table salt won't do, that's rock salt in this country - so I bought some sea salt as well. Anyway I will have to wait before I can wear the earrings I won on eBay. Now for my hair...