OH well

• 2358 posts
    August 26, 2013 10:50 AM BST

Dear Nominee,

Before we go any further, we would like to express our delight at the thousands of nominations that we have received this year for The National Diversity Awards 2013.

Once again, we have had such an unbelievable response, exceeding the amount of nominations we received last year by almost three times the amount.

It’s always difficult to choose who should make the shortlist, and this year was no exception with so many inspirational people/organisations put forward for an award. Upon saying this, it is with regret that we have to let you know that unfortunately you didn’t make this year’s shortlist. It was a very tough decision for our judges to make as each and every nominee that we received was highly deserving of an award.

Despite not making this year’s shortlist, you should be very proud of the work that you have achieved and the effort that you have put in to make your community more inclusive. We have no doubt that you will continue to be an inspiration to your community.

The National Diversity Awards will be held in London next year and we do hope that you will submit your nominations for The National Diversity Awards 2014.

Nominations will open mid January 2014, and we will email you the dates a little closer to the time.

Once again, Thank You!

Kind Regards,

Paul Sesay & The National Diversity Awards Team

• 143 posts
    August 26, 2013 2:58 PM BST
    Sorry to hear Cristine, but many here would have definitely picked otherwise and placed you on that shortlist and at the top, I suspect. It is good to be in the running not just for itself, but because you make such a difference - and that is key. : )
    • 376 posts
    August 26, 2013 6:48 PM BST

Hi Crissie.

I nominated you for this because in my opinion I could not think of anyone more deserving of it.

The rest of this post has been deleted by myself.

This post was edited by Former Member at August 31, 2013 9:30 PM BST
    • 2358 posts
    August 26, 2013 8:09 PM BST

Thankyou, I'm not down because of missing out on some award,   the acceptance of friends is more than enough reward and knowing I helped out in some small way.

• 376 posts
    August 26, 2013 10:13 PM BST

Crissie  I know that , I know you better than to get down over some award .

The rest of this post has been deleted by myself.

This post was edited by Former Member at August 31, 2013 9:32 PM BST
    • 0 posts
    August 28, 2013 1:28 PM BST

Hi.

I hope you are going to the Awards regardless.

And of course, highly acclaimed recognition such as that represented in those awards doesn't happen overnight.

Keep up the good work.

~^!^~   

• 376 posts
    August 31, 2013 10:33 PM BST
    Member said said:

Hi.

I hope you are going to the Awards regardless.

And of course, highly acclaimed recognition such as that represented in those awards doesn't happen overnight.

Keep up the good work.

~^!^~   

Ok let me put a few things straight . Sarcasm in some forms sucks . Firstly I don't think Cristine would want to waste 1200 GBP for a table to sit and watch others that have been awarded for things they "Only May deserve" but  are most likely being awarded for because of the sheer volume of nominations that are gathered through social network sites , that is how it works and it is a very sad situation.

Secondly. Cristine maybe offered a free table at the event as a nominee! I know that because the person I nominated last year was offered a table and free hotel accomadation. Myself as the nominator may also be offered the same but I would not accept it unless Cristine was offered it first and she wanted it.

Finally. As I said sarcasm in certain forms sucks! Highly acclaimed recognition such as that represented in those awards doesn't happen overnight????? You do not know Cristine very well and that is a fact. Cristine has not got to where she is overnight! It has taken her life to do that and just for the record and the plain stupid it has not been an easy life. One thing she has done though , and that is what makes her the special woman she is , is to share her experiences and work hard at making it better for others and easier for others to understand about Gender Identity and being human , not some social outcast because of the way people are born . I hold and always will the greatest respect for what Cristine does and who she is , she deserves to be recognised.

I directed the people who run the awards to this website and to only a few links to Cristines threads , it would have taken to long to point them to all of them, and even if I had have done they would not have had time to read them all so it would have been pointless .

Sorry Cristine If the thread ends up getting locked then it gets locked but I will never say sorry for speaking the truth, as I said sarcasm sucks  .

Take care xx

This post was edited by Former Member at September 1, 2013 7:03 AM BST