What hope have we got?

• 376 posts
    September 10, 2013 11:37 PM BST

It is in the title! If we cannot get on with each other then what hope have we got with being accepted?.

I admit I can be a pain in the arse but my intentions I like to think are good. I never think of myself and am constantly trying to find ways to make life better for others.

We are a good 30 years behind the gay and lesbian community so whos fault is that? Well only we have the power to change other peoples attitudes and gain acceptance , think about it! No other sod will do it for us.

I get invited to all kinds of things and that includes meetings for transgenders . I sit and I listen to some sitting there moaning about trivial things that a child would shrug off , then I open my mouth when I have heard enough . I tell them so you think the world owes you a favour? Well I tell them it does not , we are who we are just accept it then others will . Does that sound harsh? Well it may sound it but its is feckin true and eventually those people get to realise I was right , I know that because of what I find in my inbox , then I get invited to the next meeting to do it all again. The person who invites me knows I am talking sense other wise they would not invite me.

Be proud be yourself and never ever be ashamed of who you are . One day if you have gained what I have you will look and back and say , that was not so bad but don't expect it to just happen only you can make it happen , if it does not then look in the mirror and just blame the image you can see.

Believe me one day but not in my life time this will happen , transgender will be the norm and not what some see it as today.

Take care and again be proud xx

This post was edited by Former Member at September 11, 2013 12:08 AM BST
    • 376 posts
    September 11, 2013 12:19 AM BST

You are spot on there Chrissy where kids are concerned , I love talking to kids as they are more acceptant than adults.

As for harsh it has been my only way I can make some people understand . They are trans whatever yet they are all younger than me and a darn site better looking than me , they have a lifetime ahead of them and spend it hiding away. I do manage to get them out in the end but it is bloody hard work sometimes.

And I know it is not easy because I have been through it all , but I made it and there is nothing special about me I can assure you . I am not even going to mention my last task I was given to do , it is far to mad to even talk about but even then I did manage make them see sense.

Take care , Julia x

This post was edited by Former Member at September 11, 2013 12:20 AM BST
    • 376 posts
    September 11, 2013 12:58 PM BST

Chrissy . When other trans girls first meet me they most likely think I am harsh , but give me an hour with them then they see the side of me that is soft and caring . I have found over the years it is the only way to make it sink in . I know these girls are having a hard time I change that , I do it through showing them how proud I am and hitting them with facts. I often ask a question such as , would you have rather have been born with no legs? or would you have rather been born in a country where your life expectancy is 10 years old? I always get the same answer and it is always no , I say count yourselves lucky then.

I do also understand some have trouble passing or what some call convincing , I do not consider myself to be convincing and I have no one to convince , do I pass? Yes I pass thousands of people every week , it is all about just blending in with everyone else and I suppose that takes confidence. Most people in this world have thier own problems on thier minds to be concerned about other peoples lives , ok there are transphobic idiots around who just love to make life hard , I know I have had to deal with them I also teach others how to do it , no person taught me though I learned the hard way.

I started this thread because I am leaving GS and I just thought if we cannot get on with each other (meaning members not you) then as it says what hope have we got? . My harsh talking at times has a motive and that is to make others understand . There is nothing special about myself and I have no special powers , if I can do it I am sure anyone can and I done it very alone at the start.

But through it all others do realise my heart really is in the right place even if it does take some time and I have to bare my soul to them.

For a person like me to have been through all I have in my life ?(and I am not alone others go through it too) but me even missing out on an education because of who I am I think I have done fairly well , I just wish like most of us do I was younger , 56 next month and liars still say I look in my late 30s to early 40s . I should officialy look about 129 after the life I have had.

Hugs , Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at September 11, 2013 10:00 PM BST