Over 30's parties...........

• 2017 posts
    October 29, 2013 7:06 PM GMT

Here in Germany it is quite normal to see Over 30's or Over 40's parties, which is great for those of us who want to do more than just tend the garden in our old age. But.........there is always a 'but' isn't there, and like all 'butts' they aren't always nice. 

I was chatting with the laser therapist today about these as she had just been to one with a friend and we were laughing over how the women generally just want to go out with their friends and have a good time without looking out of place amongst a group of 20 somethings in a club. Whereas nearly all of the men present see it as a pick up joint and are surprised to find that not all of the women there are looking for sex, particularly sex with balding overweight men who are acting like slime balls. No thank you. 

You expect this to be the case in your 20's and 30's where everyone seems to be looking for a partner but later in life many are settled in relationships or simply aren't looking as they are just having a good night out with friends. Of course, there were women there who were there for sex and good luck to them, I'm no prude, I just don't like being approached every ten minutes with a proposition though. Urgh! My friend felt the same and suggested we go together next time and tell them we're lesbian. lol. Well, I've tried that before and it just peaks their interest even more as they either want to watch or 'convert' you. Still, it is a good defense on occasion and the nicer guys will back off but still chat to you and buy your drinks! 

Nikki 

PS maybe I'm just upset that it took ten minutes between each proposition. I must be losing it! lol