Estrogen euphoria?

• December 27, 2013 1:20 AM GMT

Had my first estradiol valerate IM injection last week - planned to have these every 2 weeks, 10 mg/1ml.  I didn't notice any difference really between this and Estrogel.

However, today, 1 week later, I suddenly felt very sensitive nipples and I was very turned on and would have ripped the pants of anyone. My T levels are at castrate levels.

I've heard about estrogen euphoria before but anyone else have any experiences of this, particular on Progynon Depot IM?  

What's with the horniness? I was used to being somewhat disinterested in sex. I should say I've been on Estrogel for 18 months and I was making rather slow progress, hence the swap to estradiol valerate depot via IM.

This post was edited by Rachael Jane Robinson at December 27, 2013 10:00 AM GMT
    • 146 posts
    December 27, 2013 9:30 AM GMT

Well....I have not been on estradiol Valerate Injections,  but yes its nice. I would rather have  bit of Euphoria than  Dysphoria.

I have to see Endocrinologist Early in the new year , so interested to hear what they have to say . 

• December 27, 2013 1:15 PM GMT

I've Google'd this euphoria and there are some references.  What I do not understand is how E can seem like T in terms of really wanting some (nice and loving) sex.  With my T levels at non-existent levels, I thought I'd be really disinterested even with the E.  I wondered about how the Progynon Depot IM releases slowly and gradually over the two weeks.  I wonder if it comes and goes in spikes?