Introduction

• August 22, 2004 10:37 PM BST
    Hello

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Katherine. My introduction is a bit late, as I signed up over a year ago. So why didn't I speak out a year ago? Well I was desperate to talk to somebody about what I was going though. But I was so scared and still trying to deny it to myself. I thought that if I don't get involved and indulge myself, it might just go away. Silly really.

I have spent many years denying the situation I find myself in. My situation had reached it's lowest point just a couple of months ago. I'm very much an introvert and very shy. I have little self esteem and over the years I have slowly isolated myself from everybody. Living alone and not going out, with no motivation to do anything about it. I felt cut off from everybody because nobody knew me and I couldn't be myself around them for fear of rejection. The only time I could be myself was when I was alone. So alone is how I spent all my free time, which for me was unfortunately a slippery slope with one direction, down.

So why am I posting on here now? Well my situation has recently begun to change. When somebody reaches their lowest point they create for themselves a 'plot point'. A plot point, as the term is used by the film industry is when a story takes on a new direction. That direction can take many forms. Thankfully for me it was a constructive one. I came out to my immediate family. They were somewhat shocked at first, as I you can imagine. I still haven't fully come to terms with my situation yet myself, so found it difficult to explain it to them. It was difficult for them at first as it was for me as well. Now things have settled down they are beginning to know the side of me they never knew and our relationship has never been closer. Needless to say, this was a very positive move for me, and my family. Telling my family was the first step down a better path for my life.

I am hoping the next step for me is to make some new friends here. My regret is that I didn't have the courage a year ago. But I'm not going to dwell on the past and now only look to the future, as I know that the people on this site are amongst the nicest anybody could hope to meet.

Love and blessings

Katherine
    • 1198 posts
    August 23, 2004 7:54 PM BST
    Hi Katherine,
    hey sis i've been on that slope oh so many time's like you and alot of the sisters on this site. Since i came on Tweb i have found and met so many friends, this is what you will find.
    So wwelcome enjoy and indulge........love JJ xx
  • August 24, 2004 9:47 PM BST
    Thank you all for your warm welcome, you have really lifted my spirits. I am sure I will find TW become my new home and sanctuary throughout the difficult times and hopefully to share in the good times. I am looking forward to what lies ahead and getting to know you all. It seems I have already gained some long lost motivation

Hugs

Katherine
  • August 25, 2004 11:33 PM BST
    Daniel

I consider myself lucky that my family have accepted my situation. I know it doesn't go so well for everybody. I am sorry to hear that you family ignored your telling them. I am glad that you have kept your spirits about it though

It was difficult telling my family. I called them on a friday and told them I needed to speak with them about something personal. I arranged to see them the next day. I slept quite well that night. Maybe because I knew that there was no turning back, I had passed the rubicon, so why worry about it

When I arrived the next day, I wanted to tell them as quickly as possible as I could tell the suspense was killing them. I didn't really know where to begin. I told them I was transsexual, which didn't mean to much to them at that point. So I explained the difference between sex and gender and that my mind didn't match my body. It must have been difficult for them to understand, for anybody who doesn't have an imbalance between the too in fact.

It has been a couple of months now and I couldn't have hoped for more. My dad is very surportive and loving, I understand it must be harder for him to come to terms though. My mum has given me some of her makeup and I have asked her to come on a shopping trip with me. She seems to be looking forward to it as much as I am

Hugs

Katherine
  • September 1, 2004 8:22 PM BST
    Daniel

I think the shopping trip will be a special day indeed. A bit scary at first I'm sure. I need a new night dress, I seem to be collecting themI will tell you all how it goes.

Hugs

Katherine
    • 2573 posts
    August 22, 2004 10:57 PM BST
    Katherine,

I understand your fears. Three months ago today I had never told anyone about my crossdressing and didn't even know myself. My friends at TW renovated my head in about 48 hrs. It's sad that you have been alone for so long, but it's over now. welcome...back to TW. Stop in the chat room soon.

Hugs,

wendy
    • 456 posts
    August 23, 2004 12:21 AM BST
    Well at least you are here now and welcome. There is a vast range of personalities on this site and I am sure you will be able to find both kindred spirits and also help and advice. Just join in and you will find that the majority of us are friendly.