Transgender Friendly Cities

• March 14, 2014 7:37 PM GMT

As I indicated in my recent News post, my first time out ever, for a whole week day and night in Provincetown was the most wonderful feelings that I have had in a long time. I would like to start this new thread on towns that are especially friendly to TG people.  I want to do this again. Would you please add your suggestion to this thread and a short description of your experience.

Provincetown is in general a very acepting town for people of alternate life styles of any kind. I have spent many years in developing my shape and body to look good in female clothes. Although I think I look trim and attractive, I do not believe that I would pass since I have long arms and am tall.  My day and night experience in P-Town was totally accepting.  I walked down the street, talked to people, went into art galleries, went out to all meals. In the evenings I wore my most elegant dresses, and you cannot imagine how wonderful I felt. This was the first time that I had ventured outside my house in 40 years. 

The first up side of this trip is that I want to do it more often in other places. More importantly, I now have the attitude that I will dress up more often and go anywhere I want, because I now understand that I am who I am and I do not care if others do not approve. A BIG step.

Let us know about your towns and your adventures.

With my best thoughts.

Jacqueline

• 143 posts
    March 14, 2014 7:49 PM GMT
    This is a great idea for a forum topic - thanks Jacqueline for this idea and the news of P-town : )
  • M G
    • 373 posts
    March 14, 2014 8:06 PM GMT
    I've never been so I can't say, but I would have to think that San Francisco would be alt lifestyle friendly. Anyone have personal experience they'd care to share? If any Canadian girls care to share their experiences, I'd be interested to know what Canadian cities are the most trans friendly. I second what Briana said, good idea Jacqueline, and I am so happy about your great experience : )
    • 178 posts
    March 19, 2014 5:13 PM GMT

If you are ever in Spain, go to Benidorm.  It really is not as crass and vulgar as some people would have you believe, but (especially in the Old Town) NOBODY cares what you wear.

• 2573 posts
    June 5, 2014 9:28 PM BST

From everything I have read, Provincetown MA looks foward to the Fantasia Faire TG convention at the end of October, the end of their vacation season in Ptown.  We are called their Tall Ships and people line up to see the shows put on by the attendees.  Some of the businesses are owned by TG/TS.  There is a lot of cobblestone so bring flats.  The convention is not limited to the hotels (takes more than one to fit the Tgirls).  The entire town is yours to wander in freely and safely.  If you get hassled, tell the local police and the perpetrators will be warned or kicked out of town. The town is a decades long LBGT vacation community.

I have heard Port Angeles, WA is also fond of the T girls and the area around the hotel is safe for eating out, shopping, etc. during Espirit convention in May.

I would ask around in SF for what areas are TG/TS safe.  Some of the areas can get a little rough.  Overall it is probably a good bet if you use good judgement.

The only place I am sure of in Los Angeles is WeHo.  Some bars/clubs have a TG night.  Some do not care what you are, all are welcome.  Go into the light.  lol.

Personal experiences like above are valuable resources.  My comments are based on trips to the area and considerable internet research.

This post was edited by wendy larsen at June 5, 2014 9:30 PM BST
  • M G
    • 373 posts
    June 13, 2014 11:36 AM BST
    It's a small town, nearby Kingston is a little bigger, but Gananoque Ontario is pretty friendly, at least it has been at the end of May each year. I was just there for the 'Spring Fling' (http://www.galsspringfling.com). What a great time! ...was able to mingle with the locals and the staff everywhere we went was awesome! : )