A something nice happened to me thread.

• March 23, 2014 8:06 PM GMT

Well it is not all doom and gloom! Something nice or good happens to me everyday so lets use this thread to share those things hey?

I will start and I hope others follow , it does not have to be a big thing just one thing that made you feel good. You may think it is small but if it made you happy then it is worth sharing , it may make someone else happy or smile.

Here is my first part below.

So after having my education taken away from me at 12 years old , at 56 years old I started college this year.

So this is just one of the good things that have happend to me in the last week.

My Tutor pulled a sheet of paper out from a folder , she took it around and showed it one by one to the other students but not to me. Sending me back to my past for a few moments she said "This is Julia's work" I thought here we go!!! She then said "This is what all of your work should look like" She then looked at me , I just said "Bloody hell I done something right" Her response was  "I have told you Julia you under estimate yourself to much i have marked this as excellent".

Now that I was not expecting. Me the thick one actually done something right.

Please just share your nice things that happen to you.

Take care , Julia x

• 34 posts
    March 23, 2014 9:04 PM GMT
    Keep up the good work & enjoy the positive feedback!
    • 746 posts
    March 23, 2014 9:49 PM GMT

Awesome Julia!!!

For me, I live by a goal of making at least one persn's day better and live this daily.  It can be as little as helping someone rake their leaves or driving an elderly person to their doctor appointment.  It is an wonderful feeling inside seeing others accept your gesture and it truly makes it very difficult for others to dislike you!  (smile)

Today, I was shopping at a huge wholesale warehouse store.  They have a snack bar by the checkout lines that features pizza, hot dogs, ice cream, etc.  I usually stop there after purchasing and paying for my goods.  I had ordered a berry ice cream sundae and was about to take my first bite when this much older woman smiled at me and remarked how delicious it looked.  She was probably close to 85 or so and not especially well dressed and more than likely lives on a small fixed income.  I smiled back at her, then handed her my ice cream and told her it was hers to enjoy!  She looked at me with a huge smile and we both sat down together and chatted while I watched her eat it!  It made my day!  (smile)

Traci xoxo 

• March 23, 2014 10:20 PM GMT

Your not my long lost sister are you Traci? (No you can't be my real blood sister hates me) You have a nature like me though. I get so much satisfaction from helping others less furtunate than myself if they are genuine.

Its not such a bad world is it?.

Thank you for your response! I just thought it would be nice to hear about good things that other members experience and makes them happy.

Take care , Julia xxx

• March 24, 2014 1:35 AM GMT

My good experience simply cannot be compared to the accomplishment and kindness expressed just above, but to me it was a game changer. For the first time in my life, I stepped outside my house (actually for a whole week) dressed as Jacqueline for the first time in over 40 years. I walked on the beach, wore my bikinis to the hotel's Jacuzzi, went out to dinner at fine restaurants, went dancing (was that fun, the highlight) and walked down the street into shops and art galleries in broad daylight.  I was liberated and have no more fear of anyone. I think there is a lesson here for many people in the Gender Society.  Without exception I was treated with the highest respect, and the guys offered so many compliments and the gals were friendly and gave me my space. What more can one ask for?

Have no fear, be true to yourself and be confident.

Julia...many thanks for starting such a nice thread!

Jacqueline

• 746 posts
    March 24, 2014 4:26 AM GMT

I love my job!  (smile)

*read my occupation in my profile*

I'm half Irish Julia if that makes us closer?

Jacqueline, the ability to relax, to actually live without fear or regard for being outed or looked at strangely, is extremely liberating and a true milestone in transitioning.  When you learn to accept and love oneself, alongside comes the sense that you really do belong on this planet, and it is with this attitude that propels you forward.  

You hit it girl!!  

May each day forward be as enriching and fulfilling as your past week!

Best wishes always...

Traci xoxo

• 746 posts
    March 24, 2014 4:27 AM GMT

Oooopppsss...there should have been "girl" listed for occupation!  LOL

Traci xoox

• March 24, 2014 5:03 PM GMT

Thank you Jacqueline.

That is a beautiful thing to share with us and the main thing is , it was very special to you.

I hope you have many more times like your experience above in your life.

Traci! You are just plain nuts but , I love your big heart .

Julia xxxx

• 746 posts
    March 24, 2014 5:42 PM GMT

Hey girl, I resemble that!!!  xoxo

• March 25, 2014 8:54 AM GMT

Good stuff happens all the time. You have to want it. I quit smoking 6 weeks ago because I wanted it. Now I own it......Go figure. 

Trangender is something that's harder to own....You have to get around some things that for the most part don't make sense. Once you find what you need, Gender is no longer a question. I'm still looking.......

I don't know how it is for everyone else, I'm close to what I want but I'm not done yet. What I want isn't nesseccarily what I need but what I need is still questionable.

Cha Ching,

Chrissy

• M G
    • 373 posts
    March 26, 2014 9:11 PM GMT

Here are 2 nice things that I've experienced while out as Madeleine that really made me feel good. They are both really simple things, no big deal, but...

1) having my cover waived by a bouncer, just cause I was Madeleine

2) leaving a restaurant with a few friends at the same time as our server, and receiving a compliment on my purse from her...she really liked it and wanted one like it!

Thanks Julia, great thread...we really need some feel good stories like this  : )

p.s. Traci...being a girl is an occupation? I can get paid for this? Wow...where do I apply?!  ; )

This post was edited by M G at March 26, 2014 9:11 PM GMT
  • March 26, 2014 9:29 PM GMT

To me Madeleine that is beautiful. However small some things may seem to others to the other person they are things that made them feel good or happy "The whole point of this thread" .

I will continue to watch Madeliene gain the confidence she came here in a hope to find in herself . And as her friend that will give me something good in return .

Thank you Madeleine , hugz Julia

• 746 posts
    March 26, 2014 9:36 PM GMT

Yes Maddie...it's a high paying job too if you're young, beautiful, and have fabulous breasts!  LOL  I'm none of these and basically am out of work, but do devote all my time and energy to either my music or improving feminine presentation skills. One comes easily, the other will take long time!  (grin)

Traci xoxo

• 746 posts
    March 26, 2014 9:36 PM GMT

Oh...the music is a long road to success!  (smile)

xoxo

• 2358 posts
    March 27, 2014 2:51 PM GMT

I wake up every morning, next to someone I love and who loves me, don't matter what **** happens during the day, I know I'll always have that to look forward to.

• March 27, 2014 5:37 PM GMT

Crissie that is beautiful. What you both have is so so special to you both and that is what life is all about "Love" .

I dedicate this from you to Cass and , from Cass to you .

http://youtu.be/kyLp8vRtjGw

With my love as always to you both , Julia xxx

• April 3, 2014 9:11 PM BST

Tuesday was a sad but good day. The sad part was my last day at college on my course untill the the end of summer , some will not return because they failed or dropped out. We had a gift giving time and all had 3 minutes to say something to our fellow students.

I discovered not only can I go on to the next level but I also discovered how much of an impression I had made on others.

Just a few words in some of the cards I received :

Dear Julia . The colour i associate with you is soft pink . Just like the colour you underestimate yourself and significance , you deminish your qualities and have so much to offer , never forget that .  Maria xxx .

Julia . You are humble and have determiation. You have your dreams , try to get them to come true . Steve (no kiss?)

Julia . Each week you have made me smile , hope to see you on the next level. Emma x

Others are a bit more personal so that is the way they are staying but I discovered some very good friends. We fed off each other and they learnt that me being Transexual is as normal the sun rising everyday.

I find a positive everyday of my life , somedays they just overwhelm me more than others .

Julia x

This post was edited by Former Member at July 30, 2014 7:27 PM BST
  • M G
    • 373 posts
    April 3, 2014 9:19 PM BST
    julia ford said:

Tuesday was a sad but good day. The sad part was my last day at college on my course untill the the end of summer , some will not return because they failed or dropped out. We had a gift giving time and all had 3 minutes to say something to our fellow students.

I discovered not only can I go on to the next level but I also discovered how much of an impression I had made on others.

Just a few words in some of the cards I received :

Dear Julia . The colour i associate with you is soft pink . Just like the colour you underestimate yourself and significance , you deminish your qualities and have so much to offer , never forget that .  Maria xxx .

Julia . You are humble and have determiation. You have your dreams , try to get them to come true . Steve (no kiss?)

Julia . Each week you have made me smile , hope to see you on the next level. Emma x

Others are a bit more personal so that is the way they are staying but I discovered some very good friends. We fed off each other and they learnt that me being Transexual is as normal the sun rising everyday.

I find a positive everyday of my life , somedays they just overwhelm me more than others .

Julia x

Nice! : )

And here we are again...another preview of that world we want Julia  : )

This post was edited by M G at April 3, 2014 10:47 PM BST
    • 746 posts
    April 3, 2014 10:40 PM BST

That's how it is supposed to be Julia!  Good for you!

Traci xoxo

• June 17, 2014 11:14 AM BST

Myself having no education since the age of 12 and my teachers calling me thick , at coming up to 57 years old this year I passed the first level at the highest rate in , Developing Counselling and Listening Skills at my local college.

The course was very intense and had a more than 50% drop out rate. They sent me a nice Certificate which sits in its "Do not bend envelope".

This Morning I recieved a telephone call from the College . A very nice lady asked me if I would come to the College and give a presentation , I said yes of course I will , she asked would I feel confident on stage talking to about 70 Tutors and trainees , I told her if I can stand in front of 300 Police officers and 800 students and talk then yes I can , 23rd of July it is then.

I call that nice , nice that someone recognises that I have an ability and to choose me , yes me the Transexual.

Yestesday I recieved a PM from a member here telling me to stop feeling sorry for myself  "I never feel sorry for myself" Was the reply or part of it.

I have been told many times that others envy me! Here and in real life , I do feel sorry for them though. Why would anyone envy the life I have had? Being kicked out of school at 12 and raped by one of the teachers for being honest about my gender.

Then there was my Mother , she wanted a girl and ended up with me the strange one. The beatings I took off her and the broken bones , not to mention the scars in my head (and on it).

She had actually got her wish , she did have a girl just in the wrong body.

The internet is very different to the real world , the world I live in . People show me respect , they appreciate what I do and can do.

At this moment I am supposed to be on holiday , my doctor says I cannot go in my current state of health. I am feeling a little lost here right now on this website , I am not feeling sorry for myself though .That call this Morning was nice but I am now going into town to see some friends and no doubt some more nice things will happen just as they do most days .

I take the good and I take the bad in life , that is what life is all about.

I am not here to argue , more so with members that do not know me , I do not want it and do not need it and never  ever envy me . You may envy me now but you would never want what I have endured throughout my life to become myself.

Just as with the College course , it took sheer detemination to prove I can do something . Becoming my true self was a lot harder than a College course.

You cannot see me right now so I will add no name to finish this .

Have a good day, I intend to .

• 34 posts
    June 17, 2014 9:57 PM BST
    Go Julia!
  • July 30, 2014 3:34 AM BST

I just got off the phone with my mom. She called me her only daughter. Nice.......:) 

• July 30, 2014 3:44 AM BST

One other thing. Julia and I are 56 years old, 1957 was a very good year. We both know and have both been there. We got there just the same. At the end of the day......never forget how the day started.

• July 30, 2014 9:51 AM BST

1957!!!! I remember it well . My mother gave birth to me and as I popped out they said . Congratulaions Mrs Ford its a boy! Hold on its a girl , wait a minute its a boy! Oh you take it home and you decide.

Well she decided to hate me , beat me , break my bones. She wanted a girl and she could never accept that she actually had one. I am pleased Chrissy your Mother can call you her only daughter , that must feel good to hear from a Mother.

Thank you for sharing that special moment with us.

Take care , Julia x