a funny thing happened.

• 34 posts
    July 7, 2014 10:44 PM BST

i dont always go out in full mode, sometimes just popping to the shops, i have very little make up on, maybe my natural hair only, so hybrid mode as i call it lol. A rather amusing thing happened to me yesterday.

i needed some milk so popped out to the shop, and as i was leaving,  two lads who were stood outside starting shouting and thratening me, one even had the cheek to push me!! 

it was actually quite amusing. there were lots of people around who witnessed it all. i cant remember exactly what they said, but you have to remember i grew up very street wise, i can still look after myself pretty well.

my reply to them was that they had better be sure of them selves because their reputation would be in tatters if they tryed beating up a "weirdo pansy tranny", only to come out of it worse off. i was extremely calm, i never raised my voice, and i was smiling the whole way through. i also told them that, if they like it or not, the world is not theirs, and that dispite what they may think, they are tiny specs in the whole system of life. i told them to think about the struggles that people have to endure, yet carry on, effecting no one else, because every one is different. my last words to them were to grow up, to start acting like men, instead of being afraid of things that they didnt understadn because if they didnt, they were fated to a life of fear and misery. every one cheered when i had finished, i think they expected me to cower away.

so anyway, i kinda reckon i drew a lot of attention to my self , and as this is a fairly small town, every one will know about me, nothing like a bit of excitement to anounce to the world hehe .

• July 7, 2014 10:56 PM BST

Hi Stephie.

It is something most of us go through , I had my share in the past and I have drawn a few crowds , I mostly if not allways came out best.

One thing you will gain from what you did is respect , we should not have to go through some things to gain it but I can assure you that it is worth it in the end.

Well done girl .

Take care , Julia xxx

• 34 posts
    July 7, 2014 11:01 PM BST

thank you

at the beginning, it did look like a couple of men were going to step in and have a chat with the lads, but when they say how id reacted, they stood close by and just laughed most of the way through, the look on their faces was hilarious.

yes it is awful, but tbh, i dont think it was just because how i was dressed. pople like that will pick on any one they think will be a walk-over, old young, coloured, just about any one. maybe they will think twice next time lol,.xx

• M G
    • 373 posts
    July 8, 2014 12:12 AM BST
    I'm not sure how well I'd react if something similar happened to me. Sometimes you can surprise yourself in a situation like that. I guess I'll never know until it happens, but I'd rather hope it never does.
    • 1652 posts
    July 8, 2014 12:44 AM BST
    Fabulously handled Stephie, well done!
    xx
    • 214 posts
    July 8, 2014 8:59 AM BST

Well done Sephie, you are an inaparation to us all

• 178 posts
    July 9, 2014 4:41 PM BST

Big Hug, Steph!  Right on the money. In teresting thing,you said "Former Member", about respect.. In my book, respect is as you described - it has to bearned, and Steph did exactly that.  I hope that if I ever find myself in a similar situation, I will be able to react the same way.

• M G
    • 373 posts
    July 10, 2014 3:12 AM BST

I'd say that part of earning respect is giving a little away for free, until someone gives you reason not to...

: )