RLE! Is it all that bad?

• July 11, 2014 6:43 PM BST

I know this is going to sound like another crazy question but , I have to say this after reading something from the past here in the early hours of this morning.

I know for some it is harder than others , I also know some may not be able to go through with it. I cannot imagine what it would be like to not do it , to me I had to or I would have ended my life.

The thing that bugged me about what I read was the one person banging on about it but has never done it , that kind of thing is no help to anyone. As I put in the thread , we have doer's and talkers , the doer's do something about it and the talkers just keep on talking , they will talk themselves to death one day. Talking yourself to death is an option but after death it is to late to become a doer.

Why should that bother me? Well it helps no one does it?. We get one life , at the start of anyones transition and RLE people do really need to look upon it as the begining of life , a begining of a happy life , a life where you can finally be yourself. Yes most will face things that are very hard to do , I had my fair share but , like many others I made it. All of that has to be so much better than living a life of misery to just die never knowing what real happiness is.

Myself being a doer I get so much back from my life , putting something back to help others is really rewarding in so many ways. It is knowing what it was like that can give others the encouragement they may just need to do it themselves.

My day today has been so constructive , I have been meeting with people in my home town to make things better , not just better but easier for any trans person.

One idea I put forward and offered to pay for was to have some window stickers made . Not just any old window stickers but ones that send out a message , that message is "We are a Transgender friendly retailer" But if they display it then the staff have to understand what it means , it will go ahead , it will help. We can all do something to help if together we become doer's . Yes in some circumstances talking helps but if the the talker fails to do "anything than preach" then just talk to your dog or cat or brick wall.

We have to move forward much faster than we are right now .

The brick walls that ignorant people put up in front of me in an attempt to stop me I just knocked the walls down . A woman is and has to be the strongest gender , being a Transgender woman you need to find more strength than a genetic female just to survive sometimes. So if you are thinking about it then just remember that , every day that goes by is one less day of your life. If you put it off forever then you have not had your life , being dead is to late .

Take care , Julia xx

http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/9256/bravery-courage-or-no-other-way?page=1

Any post in the link that states "Former Member" is not my own if it "does not" state my name at the end of post. xx

• 146 posts
    July 11, 2014 11:16 PM BST
    You are right Julia.Thanks for posting..I recognise there is only one happy real life.Its been painful few weeks,but I am turning the corner and doing more.Thanks for sharing your thoughts this really helps me at this time,having had a forced hold up in transition. Donna
  • July 12, 2014 10:28 AM BST

No Donna thank you for your response . I hope things very soon get better for you. None of us deserve what we have to endure in our lives just to be ourselves. We have to face things only some can only imagine "Pain" That word you used , it is very painfull in so many ways , then we have to contend with ignorant people making that pain worse. I made it , no person on this earth will attack my gender and get away with it.

I have placed this song in a few threads. Music is a real inspiration to me. When I listened to the words in this song the first time I had to ask why would Mariah Carey write such a powerfull song with words like that?. She wrote it because she is a woman , she had a reason for writing it. Some may say she has a fantastic life , but being controlled by others 24/7 is not a great life. Having everything without a life is just the same as having nothing , hence the words.

Please have a listen to the words , be inspired by every word because "There is a hero inside of you" And every word applies to you and others going through the same.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ExNx4m4OXbE

Take care , Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at July 12, 2014 11:52 AM BST
    • 30 posts
    July 12, 2014 11:41 AM BST

So far, my becoming the woman I should have been all along has been underwhelming.  I really expected a lot os nasty comments and open aggression. I have had only one Bible pounder try to show me the error of my ways and I explained to her, using chapter and verse right back at her, that I am the Big Guys creation and am here for a purpose.  Shut her up rather quickly.  

Other than an occasional illegal saying something a little off color ( which I don't understand anyway)  Mine has been wonderfully uneventful.  

I started living as myself a year and a half ago, and am just amazed at the acceptance of the majoryit of the community here in South Florida.

You writings help give me an outlook on my life and help keep me focused.  Thanks so much.

Bobbi

PS I just watched, listened, and read along with Mariah.  The writer of that could have meant it for all of us.  Really inspiring.  Thanks for posting this

This post was edited by Bobbi gruetter at July 12, 2014 12:34 PM BST
  • July 12, 2014 12:59 PM BST

Hi Bobbi and Donna and anyone else reading this. Mariah Carey wrote the song , they are her words. She was getting a reputation of being a bitch , she was not and never has been. Her life was being controlled , she had to find that hero to put it right.

I am going to add something to this , please never think this will happen to you. In the image I am going to add is part of a news aticle it says " A defiant Miss Ford" . Yes I was defiant . We went to court 3 times , he kept pleading not guilty , he was very guilty.

The CPS (Crown prosecution service) Told me I would not win this case , I told them you are supposed to be on my side not his. I asked why do you keep telling me that? The response was , if you do you will be the first.

The second attempt at court he agreed to plead guilty to verbal abuse . I said no , he threatened to kill me and he had a hammer in his hand , I told the CPS to tell him "This will go to trial" We will let a jury decide. A female rep from the CPS then said to me , I have never met anyone like you. My response was , what you have never met a Transexual? She replied no , I have never met anyone so determined to see a person prosecuted. I then reminded her he threatened to kill me for no reason. I lost my home , it made me ill  , it drained me. The whole event cost me more than 2 thousand GBP. On the third court case he changed his plea to "Guilty" on all counts , because he was.

Take care , Julia xx

EDIT: I have removed the image . It is history and belongs in the past .

This post was edited by Former Member at July 12, 2014 5:34 PM BST