commimg out

• August 27, 2004 12:39 AM BST
    how do i go about tellin my girlfriend the i wamma go out as a girl
    • 124 posts
    August 30, 2004 4:44 AM BST
    Danni,

Wow, that is really a hard question. I know when I told my wife about myself, this was last October, and she still isn't really accepted it. I think, if you decide that your really want to do this now, is take it really really slowly. The biggest problem you are going to face is all the stereotyping that is out in the world and trying to break that stereotyping. But, now is better than getting into a serious relationship leading up to marriage. I know if I would have had the opportunity again, I wouldn't have gotten married without telling her of my more gentle side. But, if you do this and she doesn't accept, it could be the end of the relationship. You have to weigh the pros with the cons and decide.

Wish you the best

Casandra
    • 1980 posts
    August 27, 2004 9:59 PM BST
    Hi Danni-

Umm, can you supply some details? How long have you and your gf been together, are you in a committed relationship, how tolerant is she in general, does she have a sense of humor, is she prone to flying off the handle or does she listen first and make judgements later? Have you ever brought the subject up in a joking sort of way, what was her reaction? Have you ever been walking down the street together and seen someone who was obviously en femme, what did she say, how did she react, amusement, interest, disgust?

Give us some hints and we can probably give you some ideas as to how to approach or whether to even try. And why do you want to go out en femme? Is it something you've always wanted to do? Have you been TG/CD most of your life? How old are you, roughly? You don't have to like totally disclose every detail of your life? But your own motivations and needs figure into this, too.

Hope this little questionnaire didn't scare you off, but all these things make a difference.

Hugs, Joni