Getting a makeover

• 56 posts
    July 4, 2015 3:41 AM BST

During the entire time I have been cross dressing I have never had a properly fitted dress or skirt nor the correct makeup, clothes accessories et c etc. Much of the issue has been access to the right sizes of any shoes or clothes as they tended to be borrowed or bought in "commando style" with no consideration for proper fit and style.

So as I have mentioned I don't work and live on a fairly low income. As a result of an insurance  payout I now find myself in a position to do a number of things I have never had the opportunity to do.

I have found a service that will give me a professional make over, custom photo's and supply a selection of clothing and any other needs I may have for a 3.5 hour session. This is a professional makeup artist who has an extensive knowledge and has worked closely with trans people before. So far her dealings have been very professional and friendly.

This may be the best opportunity I have to see just how "passable" (I know, I know) I could be with a bit of the right encouragement, given the correct makeup,wig and clothing style for build and height. I am more interested visually at this stage and I don't think passing is what I mean, how about, not sticking out like a sore thumb when someone casually looks your way. I do understand that confidence, the correct walk and mannerisms play a big part in creating the whole appearance. I have yet to look in the mirror and say "I like that look" or "your makeup is really nicely done" because I can never seem to get the whole look together all at once.

I am really looking forward to this, I must say though, it is a treat and really quite expensive but if I really want to get a glimpse of what Sarah looks like then this is the best chance I have ever had. 

• 6 posts
    July 10, 2015 11:18 PM BST
    Good luck Sarah that sounds great!

I am female and I have just had a friend of mine open up to me about his want to become a woman and make up was so important to him. I've spent time with him showing him how to apply, testing colours to see what colours he suits and making sure he builds up his own make up kit correctly. I'd love to help anyone else to do the same. I am based in Glasgow but am happy to Offer support to anyone who needs it. even if you are far do not hesitate to send me a message! Please don't hesiatate to try thing and see what works. You will only get better at application and choosing correct shades with practise! Xx