Riddle: Shoe Size

• 14 posts
    December 14, 2002 7:44 PM GMT
    Well it's not as easy as that. I just measured my foot and it's 26cm which agrees with the US size of 9 1/2 but I take 6 1/2 - 7 UK and 39 1/2 - 40 1/2 Euro.

You have to know the maker and how their shoes differ.

But get this Sarah, many years ago I went into an Oxford Street store to buy a pair and the girlie brought out a pair of size 39 1/2 and 40 1/2 apologizing that there were no 40's after some skillful interrogating on her part, I admitted that they were for me. Shewas very excited and said " ooh let's try them on then" and "they look lovely on you". I'm afraid that ushered in a long and expensive career in shoe shopping as trying them on became the biggest buzz.

The only place I ever encountered a sneer was a provincial branch of Macy's (Stammford Ct) where the snotty sales clerk said "but these are woman's shoes!" "Yes, I know" I replied handing her my gold amex. It did the trick.
    • 26 posts
    August 1, 2002 6:18 PM BST
    Hello Girls,

My men shoe size is 43 European. What is my UK or US women size?

who ever answers correctly gets the 3-4 pairs of shoes and boots i bought over the net and were too small or too large!
    :-(

Sharon
    • 14 posts
    January 6, 2003 7:56 PM GMT
    No, I can't be Imelda, I only have 2 pairs of Ferragamo and no handbags, although I have owned a couple in the past. I just like to have shoes dotted around the house and sometimes I take them for a walk. Some I don't get to see for months at a time. I have a dream about being a Saturday girl in a shoe shop in a smart blouse and skirt and, of course, the smartest shoes imaginable. One day I'd like to institute the Itsmylife Bursary, where suitable would-be girls can apply for a shoe grant and collect them from my temporary outlet. the only condition is that they should be in the range of 6-7 UK, 39-40.5 euro or 9-9.5 US
    • 14 posts
    December 21, 2002 12:52 PM GMT
    Do I like shoes Sarah? They're taking over my house, where ever i move there are shoes everywhere. OOOh lucky me.
  • March 18, 2003 9:16 AM GMT
    Hi Sharon,
    When it comes to shoes, there are two great websites; www.hayway.demon.co.uk and www.italianheels.com.
    The first company manufactures the shoes so we get super ex-factory prices [where else can we buy real leather thigh boots for £59.00]. The other one has some really sensational styles in large sizes and also has a page that can be printed out with a measure and size chart so we can find out our size in UK, European and US.
    Hope thia will be of some help.
    Best Wishes
    Allison
  • August 1, 2002 7:59 PM BST
    Hi Sharon

Welcome.

I've found that women's euro 45 fit me well. I'm a UK 10 male, so I would guess that you are a women's UK 9. But they do vary a lot and I've had many pairs that were too tight and, occasionally, a pair that were too big. The local charity shop usually benefit.

I think it's also the case that if you wear high heels, say 4" or over, you should try larger sizes.

It's a lottery really. I wish I chad the nerve to buy them in the shops.

Best Wishes

Sarah
  • January 5, 2003 1:15 PM GMT
    Hi Itsy

8)

When do you get time to wear them all? and do you have the matching handbags?

Perhaps we should call you Immelda? ;D ;D ;D

Hugs

Sarah
  • December 15, 2002 7:55 AM GMT
    Hi Itsy

Like all the most brilliant things, its so simple. All I have to do is use your gold amex 8) ;D

Hugs

Sarah

p.s. do you like shoes then :-/