Confusing the caller

• July 20, 2005 4:14 PM BST
    Hi Girls
    The Kleeneze Man has just called to leave our order. Normally he would just ring the door bell and leave the order in the porch as we pay by credit card. Today the bell was rung two or three times so I went and answered it. He started to explain something about the order but then the poor man looked a bit shocked after the lady that answered the door spoke with a masculine voice. After a few seconds of stuttuering he got into the flow again and we came to a conclusion that suited us all. As he moved away from the door he did give me a once over - I was in a lilac top and blue calf length skirt, a blond wig streaked with grey, my femme watch and anklet chain finished off with white slippers. I'm not sure if I passed his scrutiny or not, but when it comes to passing in public not many observers get that close.

June
  • July 21, 2005 12:03 AM BST
    Darlings,
    I have been very close to two women and had long conversations with them in two hotels when I went out for an evening meal and also afternoon tea. Both times on my own.
    They were young women and were very pleasant and attentive standing very close to me.
    I don't know what they thought of me. I can only assume that they accepted me as a woman. They didn't giggle or look intensely at me. Perhaps the young don't question things as much as we may ....
    As far as men are concerned I have had only one really close encounter when a man offered to fill my car with petrol(gas) at a filling station. He seemed to be rather shy about it all and I was so shocked that I could hardly speak - whatever next! He was a gentleman at least to do it!
    I do try to modify my voice a little by speaking quietly and try to raise it slightly but my beautician said it didn't matter. Also my arm muscles - so you've been to the sports centre! girls do!
    Look at the women in the street. They are all shapes and sizes. Always try to look good. It helps your ego and confidence - and nice smart clothes and hair and jewellery can distract critical views away from your face/voice.
    Thus even if you are a "man in women's clothes" you are dressed at least as well as any woman in the room! It might make them jealous if a mere man can do it!
  • July 22, 2005 9:56 AM BST
    Hi Girls,
    In the situation above I find that if we hide away we will never get to show our femme sides. I know that a lot of us have to hide (I did for 40 years) and it is not possible to come out.
    At home I wear minimum make up - just like real girls tend to - and wear slippers as opposed to shoes. I like to be comfortable and as I'm dressed most of the day (nighties at night) I like to emulate real ladies of my age (55). At least when the guy left he did call me love, as he perhaps does to all of his female customers.

June
  • August 20, 2005 10:51 AM BST
    Hi June
    This is what i was tring to explain to Leslie.
    I think that when we are at home we can express ourselves in the most feminine ways without being worried of critisism. Because you were relaxed at the time the bell rang there is a good chance that you hadn't gone into rigid fright mode .

A little experiment....

Can yuo unredstnad waht i am saynig?

^^^^^^^^
    Most people will instanly recognise the above sentence as 'can you understand what i am saying?'
    This is because so long as the first and last letters are in the right place your brain will automatically sort out whats in between and brush over it.
    The same priniple can be applied briefly to being a woman. So long as most things are where they should be you should be accepted as a woman in passing. But, with communication, especially non-verbal. Body language accounts for 90% of it. Get that right and you'll be a woman!
  • August 22, 2005 8:56 AM BST
    Hi Bunny Hazel

I fully understand what you are saying. I think because I have to opportumity to dress fully most of the time at present then I feel a lot more relaxed when someone calls. There are times when I've answered the door to the post man in the mornings and I'm still in my nightie and robe, fluffy slippers and boobs (often without wig) and the postie is still polite. But then again I have nothing to hide and how I dress t home is my concern. It's surprising haow many times I've walked the mile to the local shopping centre (in drab) and realise I've got bright pink nails and wearing a ladies watch - not what is expected of a guy in his mid fifties. It all adds to the fun of shopping. No one queries pink nail varinish in Bon Marche. In Boots they have asked if it was bought there.

June