T K Maxx

• August 26, 2005 1:03 PM BST
    Went to Tk Maxx yesterday and picked up 3 pairs of killer jeans. 1 Polo, 1 no Angels and the most outrageouse pair of Killah jeans.
    The Killah jeans have no front zip but instead a laceup affair on either side. They are stretchy pale blue with bleached stripes and tighter than a pair of stockings on a burglars face
    The strings have deteriorated somewhat and will have to be replaced so i thought about using 2 red ribbons instead.
    They'll have to be strictly clubbing jeans i think as they are wildly flared as well.
    Only trouble is they are too long so i'll have to get them taken up proffesionally.
    I tried them all on whilst i was there too.
    However i lost my bottle when it came to trying on the black seethrough blouse. It kind of fits but it's a 14 and i realy think i need a 16.
    It's a great place to buy shoes if you have small feet but i couldn't find anything in a 9
  • August 26, 2005 1:38 PM BST
    Hi Lucy.
    I have to ask....Which changing room do you use when you are there? I can see this dilema arising for me in the not too distant future.
    It's also difficult to control my spending there lol. You soon forget that each £20 item soon adds up and when you try on 4 of them it can be expensive if they all fit!
    • 1652 posts
    August 26, 2005 1:19 PM BST
    I really like their stuff, it's not expensive but many of my favourite clothes are from there, and my most used earrings too. Must go back soon before the drab autumn styles inevitably arrive, all browns and greys, ugh.
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    August 26, 2005 2:19 PM BST
    Hi Bunny
    Just go shopping whilst dressed and it ceases to be a dilemma! You can't go into the ladies' dressed as a man, just not etiquette. Similarly I would never go into the men's dressed as a woman. Same goes with toilets.
    I'm not very sporty so the problem of changing for swimming or whatever, ie where you have to get naked, hasn't arisen.
    It's no loss to me, but I seem to remember Laura saying she had avoided the sauna for quite some time during her transition. Surely traumatic for a girl from Finland!
    xx