Tall girls cannot hide

• December 18, 2002 7:38 AM GMT
    Hi girls

Lately I had a talk with a finnish post-op girl, who is quite tall, but looks just great. No passing problems, really. She said that big girls must pass, so the face must be okay. Big girls cannot hide and pass in the crowd as the smaller ladies. They are seen and looked at, but very often stared at just because they look real good.
    So,she had her face done down in Thailand, and I must say, they did a good job.

hugs

Laura

• 1083 posts
    December 23, 2002 8:36 PM GMT
    Hi all--

Tall girls cannot hide.

Neither can short ones...or medium ones.

It is all in how one carries herself. I have found if you carry yourself as a woman, then you will be seen as a woman 8 or 9 times out of 10. Carry yourself like a man in drag, and you will be read 10 out of 10 times. Guaranteed, no matter how good you look.

If one does not call undue attention to oneself--regardless of height--one will not attract undue attention. It is part attitude, and part how you carry yourself. Of course, if you are overly tall or overly short, then you have to adapt for that. But I still say if you carry yourself like a woman and not a man in drag then you have won 3/4's the battle.

Luv 'n hugs,

Jayne Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
  • December 23, 2002 9:58 AM GMT
    Okay

I must learn that smile.... By the way, what happened to your picture, Sarah. It has exploded.

hugs

Laura
    • 1083 posts
    January 2, 2003 9:27 PM GMT
    Heather B:

We trannys wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone weren't out to get us! ;D

I can't speak directly to your own experience, life is different here in the States.

But I can tell you that part of what you feel is just that: paranoia over being read. AT 6'3", you will stand out no matter HOW you dress. My initial post above speaks of this, but I would add one other thing.

Too often, we worry too much about what others think of how we look. This isn't about them...it's about you... and what you are comfortable with. How do you think you look? Because if you look anything at all like your picture, you are gonna turn heads if went out in nothing more than sweats, honey. You are good looking!

So my question comes down to this: are you comfortable being a tall person, regardless of what you're wearing?

Luv 'n hugs,

Jayne Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 11 posts
    January 2, 2003 8:34 PM GMT
    Hi girls

I think that being tall, (6ft3 without heels), is definately a problem for me. Both my parents say i am passable but i think that going out in public (which is something i am longing to do) would find myself being recognised as a male straight away. This is my only reservation about going out, i have been to a club but dressed there. Are people that bothered by what you look like or is it more in my mind.

HeatherB27
  • December 19, 2002 10:50 AM GMT
    HI GALS, I'M ONLY 5'6" TALL SO NO ONE REALLY GIVE ME A SECOND LOOK.  ;D I HAD LAZER BEARD REMOVAL,MAKES MY FACE BABY SOFT.SOME OF MY LADY FRIENDS TELL ME THEY WISH THEY HAD MY COMPLEXION.I HAVE AN EXTREMELY FEMININE LOOKING FACE......HUGS   PHYLISS
  • January 2, 2003 6:34 AM GMT
    True, tall girls can't hide, but I think we also tend to get hassled less. I've never been hassled, and, though I take great pains to look good, I think tall people of all genders go through life a little smoother, hassle-wise than short people. Just a personal observation.
  • February 5, 2004 8:15 AM GMT
    Tall girls, be they rael girls or T-girls, will always turn heads or stop conversations when they walk into a room. It doesn't really matter what they look like, it is to do with the height.
    I'm 6 feet tall and I know if I walked into a room full of people who didn't know me I would be looked at just because of my height. A good friend at school had real problems, she was 6 feet 3 inches tall (190cm), stunningly good looking with long blonde hair and the most amazing legs but because of her height she was unbelievably shy,hardly ever going out. That was until she realised people were only amazed at how good looking she was and not her height. Finding her future husband helped (he's 6'9"!).
    Think of all the good looking tall women in the world, Elle MacPherson 6', Claudia Schiffer 5'11" and others. Be like them, elegant, sophisticated and proud of their height. Hold you head up high and walk tall, people will look at you out of admiration and awe not any other reason.
    • 530 posts
    December 23, 2002 7:25 PM GMT
    Blonde question; How tall is tall? I'm 5'7",(170cm) and until my mid teens,I was almost the tallest in my age group.Now,girls of 13-14 seem to tower over me,(I visit a lot of schools)and its not just the heels they wear-mine are nearly as high!
    I had dreams of being a 6'+'jock'-am I now glad that never happened!
    Perhaps the solution to being taller than your peers is to move to where the average height is taller still?
    Sue.X
  • January 5, 2003 2:43 PM GMT
    Hi Laura

what happened to your picture, Sarah. It has exploded.

I always do that at Christmas. ;D ;D ;D

Heather

You will be astonished at what you can achieve. Confidence is essential and you won't get that all at once. So small steps; a drive in the evening; then a short walk in the evening; then daylight, etc. build up your confidence. It's a drug, once you start you'll want to push yourself further and further.

And, I think Connie is right, tall people tend to get hassled less than small people.

Hugs

Sarah
  • December 21, 2002 8:58 AM GMT
    Hi Laura

I agree. I'm 6'2" (185cm?) and I get away with it far more than I would ever have thought but my face is probably my best attribute. It's probably more androgynous than feminine but with the right degree of configuration (slight smile) it does give an appropriate illusion. Also spectators probably think who is that mad woman with the permanent grin. ;D ;D ;D

Hugs

Sarah
  • December 19, 2002 2:16 AM GMT
    For many trannies, passing includes avoiding attention. All tall individuals (males, females, & trannies) draw attention, so you're probably right. Much of it depends on the individual tranny, though.
    • 530 posts
    December 23, 2002 8:49 PM GMT
    Absolutely.At the risk of repeating many previous posts,
    femininity starts within.All else (clothes,make-up etc.) merely enhances that fact.I do admit that dressing (&c)can help the feeling,which then...It's a circle.And now having completed it,I will shut up.
    Sue.X