Help please!!!!

• 2573 posts
    September 4, 2008 9:26 PM BST
    "Hormones tend to be overrated in terms of the ability to help you be accepted as female. Most of the effects are welcomed: better skin, redistribution of body fat and softening of facial features, emotional changes, stoppage of scalp hair loss, reduction of body hair. However, most of these are gradual and basically subtle. Hormones aren't a magic pill that will transform you. They will not improve your voice or lessen existing facial hair. The key is hair removal, voice, and face." - From: Customizing your transition timetable,   
    Transsexual Road Map > Transition timetable
    http://www.tsroadmap.com/[...]le.html
    • 2573 posts
    September 6, 2008 3:03 AM BST
    Marsha,

I selected that quote because it makes the point that it is hair removal, voice and face that makes the significant differences. I made no judgement on it, just reported it as written when I stumbled on it while researching something entirely different. I may have been out of line by posting it but it seemed in keeping with posts by other members in this thread and it's conclusion is what I have seen many other TS say on the subject. If I am, I apologize.

Marsha, this forum has no moderator. Look above. I am a forum administrator. I did not apply to be moderator of this forum because I don't feel I have the background in HRT specifically to take that responsibility. So I totally agree with your concerns and your conclusion (not necessarily all the reasoning) that I am not the right person to moderate this forum....at least at this time. Neither do I have the time

I am attempting to find professional level resources on the subject for my own education, but there does not seem to be a medical text on it according to a trusted medical resource. What I AM doing here is trying to control some of the nasty and inappropriate off topic discussion that has broken out here and to remove those that do not contribute to that topic or are so inappropriate as to require removal from the site. This will sometimes require a post be hidden until it can be edited for content later. Sometimes the entire post will be removed. I understand some of the angry responses by members sick of having their home disrupted time and again and am trying to make allowances within reason.

I think I am safe in saying that the doctor's who prescribe HRT are usually not on it but their appropriateness as a moderator on this forum would probably not be questioned as being inappropriate. I also have some small experience dealing with issues of other people's feelings, so I'm not sure I agree with the logic of that argument. I am not aware of having edited out anything for reason of how the person felt about or on HRT. In fact I have been careful to not edit out such material. In fact the only permanent edit so far has been an irrelevant personal comment unrelated to the topic. If you have some specific edit that you wish to question, i will be quite willing to discuss it within the limits of member privacy. I'm always willing to do that.

I take no offense. This is an important and highly emotional topic (pun intended) and it is for you girls to determine your feelings. We are not required, however, to maintain what is considered to be dangerous advice on TW forums. I have, in fact, asked persons on HRT to advise on this important area if they see such posts. It is my hope that some qualified person will become moderator of this forum. Even dealing with this much is too much like the responsibility of my work although I do enjoy seeing what you all have to say and feel. I take what I learn from you here to work with me. Some TS clients have benefited from that knowledge, freely given by all of you, while other professionals have stood around in a circle baffled as to what is in front of them, let alone understanding the person behind it. (not critical, not rejecting, but confused) You have no idea how wonderful it is to take the spirit and knowledge of TW's members to those lonely, frightened and misunderstood people and see the gift of understanding and acceptance that you have all passed along to them by sharing with me while my coworkers see a man in a dress. So no, Marsha, I do not want to censor feelings. If you really knew me, you can ask Katie, I"ve been one of the most ardent advocates of non-censorship on TW. But that does not mean I will let someone burn down a place that does so much good or hurt my sisters...and i definitely do NOT mean you. I have said enough on this subject. If anyone has something to discuss with me, you can PM me and sound off. Please take this back to an interesting and valuable discussion to help a sister with a question.
    • 2573 posts
    September 6, 2008 7:54 AM BST
    Please check your PM's Marsha and email me if the message is cut short.

Betty, I posted above what to do to talk with me about personal issues with me or others. Once again, posting in forums is not the appropriate place. Start with a PM.