Stepping Out

• 105 posts
    March 22, 2009 4:32 AM GMT
    hello all

I'm not sure that this is the appropriate forum for this thread (at six feet four, I doubt I'll be passing in any real sense) but I did, for the first time, go out en femme tonight. Admittedly in the wee small hours, and only to the local all-night petrol station, but I can't begin to describe the intoxicating sense of freedom that came with stepping outside my front door as Judith.

I realise that to my TS siblings this is old news and small potatoes, but for me this was a great leap forward, and I wanted to share it here.

Hugs,

Judith
    • 1912 posts
    March 22, 2009 7:22 PM GMT
    Judith, it is truely a great leap forward, congratulations. Most importantly is how you feel and it sounds like it was an evening of excitement.
    Best wishes,
    Marsha
  • March 22, 2009 11:10 PM GMT
    Good for you girl, That is how we all started out I am sure, and NOT small potatoes at all hun, a big step for sure! Good luck I still remember my excitment. Hugs
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    March 23, 2009 11:54 AM GMT
    Well done Judith,
    It takes a great deal of inner strenght to step out of your front door dresses as a woman for the first time.You go girl!!!!.It will get easier the more times you do it and the more your confidence grows.
    • 1195 posts
    March 23, 2009 5:28 PM GMT
    Judith - It was a "blast" wasn't it? The first time out you have a bit of trouble breathing and you get all tingelly. Keep up the feeling - even if it is only at night. And remember to stand up straight - I use to have a GF who was over 6 foot. It was great fun slow dancing...he, he.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 181 posts
    August 10, 2009 6:02 PM BST
    Judith, I am 6-3. I wear small two or thre inch heels both for comfort and a practical sense. Iwear flats too on account of the fact that I have to walk several blocks in order for me to get some places . The heels just arent practical in some cases. I've been out since 1994 and I'm not going back ! Hey take it from me , be who you are , be proud. Go out dressed as you see fit ! If ya need help, P - M me ! Ellen S
    • 1980 posts
    March 22, 2009 4:17 PM GMT
    Good for you, Judith, one small step in heels can be the beginning of a journey of a thousand miles. Don't stop now girl.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2627 posts
    March 22, 2009 8:43 PM GMT
    It is a great feeling isn't it. You won't be able to stop now.
    Penny plans weekends out for TW members. If you can't go for the whole weekend try meeting them on a single night.
    Your first night out with others is one you'll never forget.
    • 2463 posts
    March 23, 2009 12:43 AM GMT
    I just went through something similar about two months ago. I have gone out partially en femme but never entirely until my latest trip to see Josie. It was so liberating to be myself. Go for it!
    • 2017 posts
    March 23, 2009 12:41 PM GMT
    The first step is always the hardest Judith, after that, it's plain sailing!!! As for your height, I do appreciate what you are saying but in Germany and Holland there are a lot of GG's over six foot so don't be too put off.

Besides, you can always go out for a night out with some of the TW girls at PP's sometime, no one there will care how tall you are. You can just be yourself and enjoy it.

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    March 24, 2009 3:06 PM GMT
    Really, Joni! A thousand miles in heels? I love heels as much as the next girl but my feet hurt thinking about it.