A funny thing

• October 10, 2003 10:53 PM BST
    As male, I drive normally pretty fast. I pass usually a lot cars due my speed. Today I was fully dressed, while driving my car and what made it funny was that I really start driving as a girl. I drived the whole way even pretty slow. I really started feeling a like a girl too.

• 27 posts
    October 11, 2003 4:06 PM BST
    Dear ndgirl,
    I don't think there is such a thing as driving like a girl. Look at all the female race car drivers, example Sara Fisher whom actually became the first women to win an Indy car race last year. I kind of take offense to that remark and think it is a little sexist. I as an ex prof racer find pleasure in destroy the ego's of guys at the track and on the street. Yes I'm not as strong in my upper body as I used to be but it has actually helped my racecraft and made me much more fluid, easier on tires than I was before. All I had to do was find a new setup that worked on my GP bike.

Amanda
  • October 13, 2003 12:55 AM BST
    I don`t know how girls drive in the Netherlands, if you mean you drove more carefully, it is probably because you didn`t want to draw any attention to yourself, on the rare occasions that I have driven en femme, I have certainly been more careful.
    As for the difference between male and female drivers I remember discussing this in depth with a group of friends in England years ago, we came to the conclusion that in general women are either extremely or extremely bad, whereas men can be anywhere in the spectrum.
  • October 15, 2003 7:36 PM BST
    Girls are known to drive slow, while males are drive faster.

While driving In women clothes, something made me drive pretty carefully. The need for speed was gone and I had a lot of comfort while driving. I liked the feeling.

Mariette
  • October 22, 2003 7:22 PM BST
    dear amanda i drive for a living and i have put many miles dress3ed as a male.since i came out i have been driving enfemme to my drop offs.i seem to drive the same dressed as a woman as a man because i generally am a corteous driver and i try not to speed as that will cet me in trouble and while dressed we have to be anonymous love ohylis anne
  • October 11, 2003 7:56 PM BST
    It's possible that you were just being careful because you don't want to get pulled over, crash the car, or draw any extra attention while you're in feminine clothes.

It's also possible that your clothes and shoes made it uncomfortable for you to drive aggressively.

Then again, it's possible that your personality is in a different mode when you are dressed, and, as you say, you drive like a girl.

Of course, it could be any combination of these things. Speaking for myself, the first few times I drove in women's clothes, I was just being extra careful, because I didn't want to have to talk to anyone. Later, the other two factors took over as the main reasons my driving habits change.

As for driving like a girl, it's not really that I have different feminine and masculine ways of driving, but when I have to dress as a man, I'm already irritated and impatient, so I do drive a bit more aggressively. When I can be myself (dressed in women's clothes), I'm naturally more at ease and relaxed, so I don't get all worked up about getting from A to B as quickly as possible. As a driver, being psychologically comfortable is what makes the difference for me, as opposed to being feminine. Of course, being feminine makes me psychologically comfortable. LOL Either way, my personality is definitely in a different mode when I can be myself, and that influences my driving along with everything else.
    • 456 posts
    October 12, 2003 12:41 PM BST
    I can't help feeling a snse of deja-vu. Didn't we discuss this in an earlier thread. I asked if we tended to drive as a female and I believe Stevie gave the same answer. Perhpas we are just subconciusly being careful so as not to bring attention to ourselves.
  • October 16, 2003 2:38 AM BST
    Tina, where is that other topic? I'm curious to see what I said. LOL
    • 456 posts
    October 16, 2003 4:02 PM BST
    Sorry Stevie I believe it was pre March 24th - which is where my post history starts - I know it was early on in my membership which began on 1st January 2003.

By the way I have just looked at my last post - my spelling is terrible - I must have had a few too many when I wrote it. I promise to try harder in future.
  • October 22, 2003 10:49 PM BST
    • 456 posts
    October 22, 2003 11:55 PM BST
    Thanks Stevie - I knew we had discussed it before - thank goodness the memory is not fading as I gat older.