First time out

• January 20, 2010 7:18 PM GMT
    Hi girls
    Today was a big day for me and I wanted to share it with all my sisters. Today I went out as Samantha for the first time in broad daylight. It was something that I had been planning for quite some time but never got the courage up to do until today. The funny thing is that I was not planning or even thinking of doing it today. What happened is we had a beautiful snow fall last night and I was out taking pictures when I thought it would make a nice background for a few pictures of me wearing my new coat and scarf. So I went in and changed into my black skirt with a blue top, put my jewelry on, applied my makeup, Slipped into my heels and put on my new coat and scarf. Out I went without any hesitation. I took a bunch of pics and went for a walk to get my mail. I didn't want it to end so I jumped into my car and went for a short drive. For me it was like a new found freedom and I can't wait to go out again.
    Hugs... Samantha
    • 746 posts
    January 20, 2010 7:33 PM GMT
    Heels in the snow? You are quite brave! Get yourself a pair of Ugg boots quickly...they are warm and look great! Congrats on your big first step!
    Traci
    • 105 posts
    January 20, 2010 8:45 PM GMT
    I'm very happy your first venture forth was so enjoyable, and I can see from the big smile in the photo how happy you were too

May this be the first of many!

Hugs,

Judith
  • January 30, 2010 4:25 PM GMT
    Congratulations, the first step is always the hardest. Kudos!
    • 434 posts
    January 31, 2010 6:17 AM GMT
    Samantha,
    Congrats my dear..
    I can remember well, the first night I got in my car (away from the warm, dark, safety of my front porch) and went for a drive - praying the whole time that I would not be stopped by a police officer who had "nothing better to do" on his shift.
    One and a half years later, I was skating on the Ottawa Canal in the cutest ladies skating outfit you ever saw- complete with fur trim, fur hat and matching muffs, and "tastefully coordinated" scarf.
    Can you imagine the lump in my throat when I opened the local paper and saw my photo attached to a story about the Joys of the "Ottawa Winter Festival".
    Fortunately for me, the Photographer did not decide to get a face shot of the "Lady skating on the Ice"

Many Happy Returns Samantha!
    • 2463 posts
    January 20, 2010 11:21 PM GMT
    Speaking from experience, once you go out as you truly are you will never want to go back.

My first time out was in the month of February. While there was no snow on the ground at the time, it was still interesting to watch out for ice, especially since I was in Denver at the time!
    • 2017 posts
    January 25, 2010 5:57 PM GMT
    The genie is out of the bottle.....................and you cannot ever put her back again, but you wouldn't want to anyway! Congratulations on you first step.

Nikki