The Michelle Hart Column - Space Oddity

• 1017 posts
    March 6, 2010 5:35 PM GMT
    And while you are there you should look down the page and read Judith's Blog, posted today. Very interesting take on the subject. Not sure if I agree or disagree, but it is certainly well thought out and presented.

Best,
    Melody
    • 1980 posts
    March 6, 2010 9:23 PM GMT
    Thank you, Marsha and Melody.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2358 posts
    March 6, 2010 11:05 PM GMT
    Why do people write reports, stories, whatever and keep refering to stuff they are not saying? erm notice I hav'nt mentioned my shoes, dress etc. ''Two dogs were involved in a fight, notice I did'nt refer to an elephant that was'nt even there'' Now I'm wondering if there was one involved and wether it was a white elephant or a pink elephant, african or indian elephant. was its name jumbo and was it eating a bun it stole of the two dogs. or were the dogs fighting over a bun they stole of the elephant. and where was the elephants keeper, did this happen in the zoo or out in the street, why were the two dogs not on leashes. was the elephant wearing ballet pumps and a tutu. was the tutu blue or pink???????????

And please don't tell me that Natal women don't discuss clothes shoes, handbags and the rest.

Cristine very confused.
    • 1980 posts
    March 7, 2010 12:55 AM GMT
    Okay, I read it. Twice. Yawn. Another masturbatory excercise in self-congratulatory elitism. Wrongheaded, illogical and poorly reasoned on so many levels, nothing like setting up your own strawmen, or perhaps straw-women in this case, and then knocking them down. How fun, how pointless. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I suppose. Besides that the "astronaut" picture was photoshopped or something, it looks as wrong as the article itself.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2627 posts
    March 7, 2010 12:15 PM GMT
    Is that realy going to be in the Trib or the Frock.
    I thought it was very insulting to CD's
    2 thumbs down!!!!!
    • 2358 posts
    March 7, 2010 6:20 PM GMT
    Marsha, Yes I did notice the footnote, . Which is a valid statement, but why point out somthing your NOT talking about only to draw attention to it. The summation/statement would have been enough on its own.

Now we come to the ''Jumping on the bandwagon'' Thought thats what the forums were for. erm bit like my thread, ''man in a frock'' All was realy needed, was a short condemnation or a hooray for the remark, but no several people had to pontificate long drawn out reasons why a man in a frock would be called a man in a frock.

Think everyone in this community knows where they are CD, TS whatever, we all know what we are, the difference...The constant referals to the differences sort of smacks of paranoia. For instance if every time Black people were mentioned, if I came out with Black people are good people, just different. somebody might get the impression I was a racist?

All I am saying some people are concentrating so much on how other people should behave, act to be women and defining the perfect epitomy of woman hood, should actually have a look round and see just how some natal women walk, talk, conduct themselves. dress. See some of the graffit in the mens loos, some of the worst I have seen has been in the ladies.

If girls go out dressed like slappers, then they are slappers, if they go out and act like drunken sluts, then they are just that drunken sluts. No different realy from RG's I know and have been out partying with. Does'nt make a person automatically not a woman. A RG Even if they have hairy legs, a moustache and sit with their legs open. Admittedly not very refined or sophisticated, but they would still be a woman, do you get where I'm coming from?

Cristine

• 2573 posts
    March 8, 2010 5:57 AM GMT
    Thank you, Eileen.

I was reading down this thread and about to post. when I read your post.....what I was going to say was:

This is skirting dangerously close to the old, TW banned, CD vs TS argument again. You all know what I mean. Since it is Katie's wish to avoid that on TW, I will be watching this thread closely and will be forced to see about stopping the thread unless the discussion avoids the CD vs TS comparison conflict. There are other ways to approach this issue without bashing one group or the other. If you cannot, then please do not post.

CD vs TS BASHING IN THE FORUMS IS BANNED ON TRANNYWEB PER OUR WEBMISTRESS.
    • 2358 posts
    March 8, 2010 8:59 AM GMT
    Eileen OUCH,

All I was attempting to say, was drop the interpretations, get a life and stop worrying about what other people do or how they do it.
    But most of all stop trying to tell people what they should, should'nt do. If anyone wants advice i'm sure they will ask and get all the support they need.

Cristine
    • 1017 posts
    March 8, 2010 1:14 PM GMT
    Hi Wendy,

Fair enough. But does that same standard apply to articles posted on the front page of the site?

Best,
    Melody
    • 2358 posts
    March 8, 2010 6:02 PM GMT
    Oh dear Marsha

. Maybe a piece of information such as how to dress could be insulting to one person, but another can read the same thing and say wow, that's where I'm going wrong

But Michelle was'nt offering advice on how to dress, she deliberately refered to not mention clothes dress etc. A sorta women don't talk about such things, I'm above all that. because she IS a woman and clothes don't make for being a woman. Alluding to girls that put emphasis on clothes, make up are not neccesarily women.

People want advice or you have genuine advice to offer, like how to size and wear a bra, how to hide beard shadow, Don't wear tight pants if you have a fat arse, etc, thats the way to do it, not be so aloof as to say your all women cos women don't talk about clothes and the way you dress. Even if women dress like sluts, lol, we still talk about where we bought the nearly none existing dress. Obviously the dress doesn't make a person a woman, I literally live in Jeans and trainers, I definately don't think it makes me a man cos I only occasionaly wear a dress.

Cristine
    • 2627 posts
    March 8, 2010 6:57 PM GMT
    The only thing that I read in her artical was "I am & your not".
    • 2627 posts
    March 8, 2010 11:46 PM GMT
    I am who I am.
    All to often when someone points out the differences it is to say they are better as was said in that artical.
    And if you realy feel that way than why are you here still? I don't want you to go. You have so much to give to those that ask for help.

Because of the attidudes people get about this subject it is supposed to be banned. But by the time anyone does anything it's allways to late.
    • 2573 posts
    March 9, 2010 9:01 AM GMT
    I think the problem on discussing this issue arose from HOW it was discussed, not WHAT was discussed (many times, I am not singling out this time). I totally agree that it is an area of great importance and great confusion to many of us. It is not a question of "better" any more than whether Cis- are better than Trans-. They are not. People are people and what they are is not as important as who they are. I once thought I was a cross-dresser but that is a symptom not who I am. I see it as a variation on the spectrum of how much biology screwed up when it tried to change most of us into males in the womb. It's like saying someone born blind in one eye is "better " than someone born blind in both. Better vision, yes. Better person, no. If we can not find a way to address this issue without conflict and being judgmental, a lot of people will never find out what they really are and get closure. As someone stuck in the middle between CD and TS, I am less than happy about it. However, I am happy I know now and accept it and finally live it. Is that not what we really seek here?

Rule of thumb. If you are angry and writing you are probably not going to make your point...and if you do, others are likely to not see your point but only the anger. Gain? Not anything of value besides blowing off steam. Perhaps we spent too much of our lives in non-nurturing habits to fit in. Is that not why we are here? To nurture and be nurtured? Marsha is right. We need to be able to address these topics. If we scare off those we would help, however, we are not going to help them much. There are times I apply my "three-day rule". If I am angry or if I have to make an important decision I wait three days before I act on it. Things usually look different and I do a better job. I am sick of my anger hurting people. It is not ME. It is a product of hurt and fear. I no longer embrace those twins. They always hurt someone and, ultimately, it was me. The rest were "collateral damage" of my issues.
    • 2358 posts
    March 9, 2010 9:26 AM GMT
    As well as TW being a support site, Can't we use it as a fun site as well, Procrastination week, is a light hearted slant on things, The Best piece of music ever is very educational. The UTube links in the chat room, music I never knew existed.

We all have other interests as well as being TG. I thought I knew it all, but have learnt so much here in TW, life is very diverse as are the people that make up our comunity. I raise issues in the chat room from things I have learned from the forums. Trying to cope with learning aspects of laws that affect the TG community and pass on my knowledge in the chat room. Not every one is realy interested in the forums, I try to draw people to relevant issues within the forums, but you can't force people
    to read them. Sometimes I bring up an issue in the chat room which I found interesting, obviously there are a few that don't and leave. But then I probably bore them with long explanations of the why and how. Sometimes I think Jeeze this affects you and your not bothered. Typical example was the Article about the post-op rape, where the Judge ruled that although a post-op vagina did not meet the clinical and biological description of the constructed vagina, ruled it was still rape. Half the people left and another load fell asleep, but it was worthwhile in the fact a few were interested.

Yes it does annoy me if I end up in the chat room with two other people who ignore me and carry on pming each other. I just put that down to bad manners. But to suggest TW might as well be called Katies Whores is well out of order.

But we all have other interests and its nice to be able to share those interests. There is life outside soley being TG..

To Wendy, yes I do tend to react and post imediately when I percieve somthing I consider an injustice, Perhaps its somthing that reflects on incidents that happened when I was very young. I do relate to Marshas there is a difference, but do we have to keep harping on about it? Where most threads as Eileen stated seem to be hijacked into proclomations and definitions of difference.

Cristine

• 1017 posts
    March 10, 2010 7:50 PM GMT
    Wendy and/or Nikki,

It's time to shut this thread down and quickly. Whatever validity the earlier posts had, it's now devolved into back biting and name calling.

Please stop it now!
    Melody
    • 1017 posts
    March 11, 2010 6:05 PM GMT
    Hi Michelle,

I'm glad my request that this thread be shut down wasn't acted on before your post. It's good that you (finally) weighed in.

Best,
    Melody