The true meaning of weirdo...

• 734 posts
    September 30, 2010 1:26 AM BST
    Blimey. There's some pedantic people around these parts tonight ...
    • 2358 posts
    October 1, 2010 3:55 PM BST
    There is the legal cop out lol, as in ''Its my considered opinion your a weirdo'' If you can show you genuinely think someone is unique or they are displaying eccentric mannerisms. mannerisms that even only you consider abnormal to your own views. as to accepted behavour. just cos you think someone is weird expressing it as an opinion does not make it unlawful. Weirdo is one of my favourite words and have used it to describe myself on quite a few occasions. Or house is the most valuable in the the road because we don't have any tranny weirdos living next door to us.!!!!
    • 2358 posts
    October 2, 2010 3:51 PM BST
    I'm rather partial to a few slices of ignorant pig, grilled and slapped between two slices. God forbid the pigs lived with the knowledge that they would end up that way. I have used the term weirdo to several people in here. One claiming to to be post op, that took great delight in regaling how she like to shoot the neighbourhood cats with a shotgun, then would excuse herself while she went to clean up the splatter and entrails from her yard. hardly indicative to the accepted parameters one would except as being normal for a female... I find the term ignorant pig highly offensive, it would seem to infer, I was uncultured and uneducated, lacking in sophistication. spending long periods in the French region of Djon sticking my snout in heaps of crap looking for truffles. Now the term geezerbird I find realy appealing.

My considered opinion, it would be very hard to prove an offence had been committed under a section 5. offence, the term Weirdo is wide ranging, subject to so much ambiguity and interpretation..

Beside that I think the term weirdo, is probably more in line with common words used by my generation. If you call someone an arsehole would that still warrant a section 5 caution, lol Someone walked out in front of me a couple of weeks ago, causing me to swerve to avoid running them down, think the words I used were dozy arsehole. Mmmmm sleepy vacuous orifice, not exactly an endearing term, would that warrant a section 5 as well, lol.
    • 2358 posts
    October 2, 2010 10:47 PM BST
    Yes Penny I am familiar with the section 5, persons act format where a person might be unable or incapable to make their own complaint, I was just pointing out in normal circumstances they are not just handed out like flyers where your average Joe Bloggs shouts out weirdo to someone. Common sense has to prevail at all times, I still think someone who shoots cats for fun is a weirdo, notice I didn't refer to them as a tranny weirdo tho. The fact they are transsexual bears no relevance to my opinion of them being weird, apart from the fact its not realy something a person claiming to be feminine would do, more like the actions of a ferile yob. ergo, the fact they assimulate with being feminine and act like that I find extremely weird.
    • 2573 posts
    October 5, 2010 10:04 AM BST
    As disagreements go in Forums here, this one, while enthusiastic, has remained fairly lady-like. I congratulate you all.