Hose Recommendations for the Heat

• July 10, 2003 6:27 PM BST
    Hi Shirley
    I live in South Florida and in the summer the heat and humidity is extreme. Most of the time I can get away without hose but the are those occasions which require it. What is the best type to purchase for comfort in the heat? Also
    do you carry the toeless hose you can wear with open toe shoes?
    Thanks
    Sandi
  • July 12, 2003 1:35 PM BST
    Hello Sandi,

I would recommend a very fine denier such as 8 or 10 denier. My favourites for cool summer hose are Pretty Polly Perfectly Naturals they are available in 6 skin shades and at 8 denier they are very comfortable in warm weather. These are great value too at £2.99 and available with an oil sheen which gives legs a great sun kissed shine. You can buy these from the Pretty Polly section at www.tightplease.co.uk.

We do stock some fab open toe tights, which are great for summer as they are 8 denier and available in Bare Gold. Aristoc Soleil Open Toe Tights priced at £3.75.

I hope this is helpful

Kind Regards

Shirley
  • July 18, 2003 10:34 PM BST
    dear shirley i live in new york city and we are finally in the heat of summer.i belong to a cd group which meets in the city and i always wear hose.i have been wearing panty hose made by leggs and i find them pretty comfortable even in the heat,and as i ridehome in our subway you can imagine how hot it can be,i also wear a girdle to hold up my nylons when i wear them ,and i try to wear the sheerest kind ,,,,, love phylis anne