How did you know when its time...

• 27 posts
    August 3, 2003 10:36 PM BST
    TO all those girls that live full time.
    How did you know when it was time to star going full time. Did you just say," damn the torpedoes full speed ahead," or was there some sort of quantitative method. I was kind of androgenous before I started taking hormones, I have a small frame am thin and have long hair. Now that I have been on hormones for a while I kind of get looked at hard by people when I go out in boy mode. I suppose I am at the point where I am not acting fem I just am and don't even realize it. It looks like I am going to have to come out of the closet earlier than I had planned. I would love to know what some of you other girls did, any advise would be wonderful.

thanks,
    Amanda
    • 539 posts
    August 4, 2003 12:42 AM BST
    I am working towards that goal myself. At present, I live full-time except for work.

In my case, I know I want to do that, so I am working out the logistics. I am becoming more androgynous as my hair grows out and the hormones begin to have their effect.

I want to make sure everything goes smoothly at work, so I do not plan on coming out there until everything is ready. Speech therapy is going well, and I will hopefully have a passable feminine voice soon. After that, I will get the laser treatments on my face. Once that is done, it will be time to come out at work.

I am usually slow and methodical; that may not work for others, but it has worked for me so far.

Heather H.
  • August 4, 2003 9:21 AM BST
    Hi

I planned to start full time at the end of this year, but I notice myself having started it already now. It just happened. I first moved into the androgyne mode...then added female pieces of clothing until one day I had only women´s cloths on. I noticed that in my androgyne phase people gave me more funny looks than now. So...I awake now less attention as a woman that I would as a man. I would say I pass 95%. I´m trying to get my voice okay and I manage well in shopping situations, but long conversations still give me away.

Laura
    • 27 posts
    August 4, 2003 7:18 PM BST
    Thank you for the Input girls every little bit helps.

Amanda