Problems with the ID card

• August 7, 2003 10:01 AM BST
    Hi girls

Being now a full time woman I have got problems with my ID card and my passport. Last time at the checkpoint I had a long discussion with the passport officer if I should change my passport or not. He said I´d better wait until my whole transition procedure is over and I have my official female name. But I am afraid I cannot wait until that. Next time in the bank I may not be able to get any more cash from my own account. Because every single day I look more and more different from my ID pic.

Laura
    • 27 posts
    August 7, 2003 8:29 PM BST
    Hello Laura,

I'D wait to change your passport dear. I don't know the laws in your country but in the US if you don't wait and have to change the name on your passport they put transexual on where it says male or female. Not good if you are trying for any kind of stealth. In the state I live in you can change your picture on your drivers's lisence without changing your name this is what I did recently because the police were harassing me about it not being me when I got pulled over for speeding recently. I am going to change my name legaly soon too, which is very easy in this country. As for your bank you could make all your transactions via automated teller machines or on the internet.

Amanda
  • August 8, 2003 9:34 AM BST
    Well, in my country we all are either women or men in our documents. The end of our social security number tells the same. So, I must change not only my name, but also my social security number. And apply that the former info would be kept in secrecy.
    But to reach all that I must still first get my diagnosis, then my official HRT (my present illegal HRT will probably not be counted), then a paper from a doctor saying I have lost my fertility for good. After that I can apply for the name change. If all goes well...after one years or so. Or later.

Laura
    • 27 posts
    August 8, 2003 7:29 PM BST
    Sounds like it is complicated to change over your documents there. You realy need a letter from your doctor to change your name. Here it is your right to call yourself whatever you want which makes it easy. You don't need a doctors letter until you try to change your sex on your birth certificate etc.. but to get this done you have to have had SRS unless you can pay off a doctor to lie for you. I'm always interested in anything from the norwiegen countrys my mother is from Sweden and I've never been there.

Amanda