The BreastForm store

• 456 posts
    September 17, 2004 10:29 PM BST
    After my last outing I had an accident with my breastforms and managed to tear one of them - sticking plaster just does not work so I realised I would have to sport out and buy some more. Having noticed the link to The BreastFormStore on Tranny web I duly clicked on the link found a pair I fancied and went mad and bought them. The firm is American and gives free postage to the USA and Canada but even with the postage the deal seemed quite good. Having filled in all the numbers and bought online - relatively painless.

However a word of warning. I received a nice email after about three days to say that the forms would be dispached shortly and then I waited. After a month I emailed the company to find out what was happening. They replied almost immediately to say that the main problem with shipping to overseas places - especially the UK - is the customs. Exactly one month from the date of dispach the forms arrived and I had to pay £20.54 to receive then. The package had been opened by the customs people even though the invoice - on the outside of the packaging - clearly stated what the contents were.

I have contacted the BreastFormStore to tell them of the problem and was sympathetically replied to to say that they understood the problem and hopefully they would be opening an outlet in this country. Good news because then our mail will not be tampered with - at least I hope not.

By the way the forms are great and I can't wait to show them off.
    • 1652 posts
    September 18, 2004 4:16 PM BST
    I also got mine from an American store, they seem to be cheaper over there. I had to pay about £30 import duty, and I think that might have included VAT as well, was a long time ago, can't quite remember. They don't tell you about that when you order them, but even so they were still much cheaper than i could find anywhere online in England. Mine didn't seem to have been opened, and the goods were described as clothing accessories, which in my case they are I guess.