VoIP local number in another country

• 2573 posts
    April 20, 2005 11:33 PM BST
    http://www.voipchoices.co[...]ne.html

Lingo's Universal Numbers allow you to choose a phone number in your own area code, in another state or even another country! Plus, you can have not just one, but two phone numbers. This means that with Lingo you can have a local number for people in your area, and another number for friends, family or business associates in another part of the state, a different state or even a different country.

As soon as I move and get cable I plan to get VoIP and a local number in Southern UK so that I can talk to my UK sisters as well as my USA sisters. This is the first such international, local number plan that I have seen. I better buy a clock set on BST to hang over the phone, lol.
    • 2127 posts
    April 21, 2005 12:16 AM BST
    Why not just use the audio facility in our chat room?

Hugs,

Katie
    PS BST is one hour ahead of UTT!
    • 2573 posts
    April 21, 2005 5:16 AM BST
    Doh!

Great idea, but not everyone uses Trannyweb. Also, ir they are not online I can still ring them up or if I'm not they can ring me up. But it's an excellent point, nevertheless, Katie. Thanks.

There is also, still, the problem of not yet being able to IM people no matter where they are on Trannyweb. Currently they must be in Chat for you to contact them. Many people do not seem to realize they can have more than one TW window open on their computer and be in chat while on other TW pages. People don't know when they get a TW PM until they check messages again.