Screaming skirts

• 2463 posts
    December 16, 2005 1:17 PM GMT
    WHEW!

Thanks, girls. For a moment there I thought I really was psycho.

You know how they say that it's okay to talk to yourself, just don't answer yourself? I have full blown conversations with myself. Now, with clothing talking to me, I can wear the psycho label proud.

Thanks. Now I really know I'm not alone.

Mere

P.S. Kari, cute piccie!
    • 2463 posts
    December 14, 2005 7:24 AM GMT
    Has this ever happened to you? You'd be out doing some shopping and a skirt LITERALLY YELLED AT YOU TO BUY IT.

It has now happened to me twice within the past week.

I sometimes like to go through the clothes at resale shops. At the one by my house they had two of the cutest skirts. One was a short pleated skirt with a floral pattern. The other was a little longer with some sort of bluish paisley. I waited a few days to buy them because they were going on sale. Those skirts demanded I buy them. I did.

Then, in Iowa, I found this adorable peasant-type skirt. Again, it screamed at me. I broke down and bought it. It's a little see-through, so I need a new slip.

Am I losing my mind here? Are these articles of clothing really speaking to me? Has this happened to you?

Meredith the Psycho Ninja Who Now Talks To Inanimate Objects
    • 2463 posts
    December 14, 2005 2:54 PM GMT
    Thankfully, the skirts were my size - medium - and had elastic bands rather than a zipper, so I knew they'd fit. Even if they did have zippers I still would have tried them on at the store!
    • 588 posts
    December 14, 2005 4:36 PM GMT
    This has happened... I don't have much left of those talkative objects though. But this black and glittering miniskirt I bought a couple of years ago is still in my posession. A highpitched little treasure. There also were a red lycra dress, unfortunately no longer with me. And I found them in a second-hand store too.

Last friday I heard this soft pink winter jacket at a shopping centre. I just had to have it. I tried it on, went straight for the counter in this girly store. Seconds after I was thinking that I may have bought an item not exactly fit for blending in, but that I didn't really care. It was mine...

Linda
    Sabina
    xxx
  • December 14, 2005 7:21 PM GMT
    Of course. For skirts, include dresses. When they grab my attention like this I find I have no choice. I must buy them. And some of my favourite items appeared in this way. One is a knee-length bohemian-look flowing black skirt (I know boho is so last season but black is very fashionable). Another is (or was until I had a purge) a white cotton dress with a pale blue and yellow floral pattern.
  • December 15, 2005 3:57 AM GMT
    Unless of course there is a sale on LBD's.
    Michelle Lynn
  • December 15, 2005 6:27 AM GMT
    I can hear every piece of clothing at VS screaming at me right now and the closes VS is about 30 miles away. The garterbelts and stockings tend to be the loudest.
  • December 16, 2005 6:44 AM GMT
    Mere:

Skirts DO scream. So do dresses (especially little black ones!). To hear them is quite normal. Ignoring their pleas would be akin to ignoring the cry of a hot fudge sundae.

What worries me most are the more animate feminine objects. They ones with the ability to actually move, as if by themselves. Usually panties and lingerie.

I go to a department store or "Big Box" retailer and, when checking out, literally find myself saying: "Boy, I know I looked at those thongs (it's usually thongs that move...they are lighter, and-thus-more mobile...) and checked to see that they were the right size, but I don't remember putting THAT many in the cart!"

Thus, the two drawers stuffed with undies in my dresser, most of which I have not the flirtatious or romantic occasion to wear.

Oh, well. I wear them anyway.

Sure makes the drab clothes I have to wear to keep my job more bearable.

Love,

Kari
  • December 16, 2005 6:48 AM GMT
    Rachael,

V.S. screams, yells, sings, uses smoke signals, fireworks, and more.

The daily barrage of their e-mails and snail mail catalogues is one of the things I look forward to each day.

Hugs,

Kari