HAIRSPRAY a movie with "something extra"

• 2573 posts
    May 6, 2007 3:30 PM BST
    July 20th 2007 in the US.

Normally I don't care for redone movies. It takes a lot to get me to see one. It better be better for me to like it. However, this one has an interesting twist.

The female lead is played by John Travolta. This, of course, means he will be dancing as a female, in a movie at least, for the first time. I can't wait.
  • September 4, 2007 11:36 AM BST
    You'll see John Travolta clad in all sorts fem clothes al la "Tootsie" style. In the trailer he is wearing a rather amazing "All-in-one" or Body suite as some call it. The kind of underwear my grandmother used to wear. As well as that there is a scene where he dances in a pink sequined dress. Should be fun to see.
    • 2463 posts
    September 4, 2007 4:34 PM BST
    Nothing at all against J.T., but he'll never be able to top Divine! However, not having seen the film, he might be doing his best to keep her memory alive.

I turn 45 next week. When the first "Hairspray" came out I was working on my Master's degree! I was the department's grad assistant, and that film was a first date for a now ex-girlfriend (who falls under the category of "What the hell was I thinking?").

I have heard nothing but good things about this new version. Any girls in the Chicago area want a night out?

Mere