New Moderatress Says Hi

• 1980 posts
    November 28, 2007 2:07 PM GMT
    Hi Everyone-

It's me Joni. Didn't recognize me with the wings on, did you? I stole them from backstage at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show set. Heidi is going to be so upset. They're cute, but it's hard getting through doors with them on.

As you girls can see, Sarah has made me moderatress of the Shopping forum Thank you, Sarah dear. The selection was made on the basis of...well, I can shop like a crazy woman. I actually had to get a new card because the magnetic strip on my old one had been swiped off. Kid you not. Actually I got it because the forum needed someone and I volunteered. Also I wear clothes, ones I bought, which meant shopping for them. Shopping...Shopping Forum. Makes sense. From now on there will be certain standards for the Shopping Forum (SF hereafter) no skirts longer than 15" from waist to hem and no heels shorter than 5". Oh just kidding, that's not standards, that's a lack of them. You be quiet, Wendy! And I'm just kidding about the lack of standards remark. I know lots of us girls adore short skirts, so do I, just look at some of my pix. But that's not what it's always about is it?

Seriously, I have some things I would like to do to make the SF better for everyone on TW, I will be trotting them out in the next few days, I hope. And I would very much appreciate any ideas that anyone has for making the forum better, more informative and more useful. I hope everyone's having a great day. Remember ladies, if you "shop till you drop" you aren't pacing yourself.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 871 posts
    November 28, 2007 4:32 PM GMT
    Weldone Joni! Congrats on your new position! Best of luck with how it goes, sounds like its going to be fun! I will be watching! Ani XXX
    • 1980 posts
    November 28, 2007 4:48 PM GMT
    Hi Anyfer-

<big hug> Thanks, sweetie. I think it will be fun, at least I hope so. Clothes and fashion and shopping should be about fun and looking good and finding the best bargains and all that. Admittedly, it is the "lighter side" of being TG and while we all understand there are serious things to talk about and to consider in our lives as transgendered people, I hope we can make the SF enjoyable and helpful for everyone.

I appreciate your saying hi, girl. Have a great day.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 1195 posts
    November 28, 2007 6:35 PM GMT
    Joni - congrads and all that
    Just this morning I, with a smile, said to my wife: "I'd like to get a pair of thigh high boots to go with a hot pants outfit." She giggled and said "not at your age."
    If you get your name on a few catalogs - you'll be unindated with them.
    lol
    Gracie
    • 1980 posts
    November 28, 2007 7:23 PM GMT
    Hi Mary Grace-

Thanks, hon. And yeah, I know about wives and clothing choices. Sometimes I feel like how a teen-age girl must feel. I don't know how many times I've heard, "You're not really going to wear that are you?" from my wife. Well...I had been...but I'm guessing I'm wearing something else.<lol> Thank goodness for wives and SO's I guess they keep us grounded, though fantasies are so much more fun.<g>

And, Mary Grace, and anyone else, if you have any ideas to improve this forum, just let me know. It can be here or in an email. I want to make this forum a great place for resources for all us TW girls. Whether it's shopping online or out there in a brick and mortar store.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    November 30, 2007 6:06 PM GMT
    Gee, Joni, I guess this means your Mustang is a one-of-a-kind.....It has TWO "standard" trannys in it now.
    • 1980 posts
    December 1, 2007 12:41 PM GMT
    Funny, I always thought I was an automatic tranny.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 734 posts
    December 25, 2007 2:04 AM GMT
    Hey Joni!

Just passing by to say 'hi' and I hope your time at the helm is a fun one.

I love shopping, be it for clothes or for groceries, I don't care. Its fun, its therapeutic - and it keeps me broke lol

And its political. Everytime I shop in a female store for my clothes I strike a blow for the TG world. I live in a rural UK community which has zero understanding of us! But I'm winning. All my local shops are used to me coming in for a rummage, they know what I'm buying is for me and my money is just as good in their till as anyone elses!

You said shopping was the 'lighter side' of our life. I don't see it that way at all. Its serious. Very serious.

Every time a TG / TV goes into a female store to buy her clothes, she's an ambassador for our kind. And she should do it with pride and confidence in who she is. As the retail sector understood and, not surprisingly, embraced what was termed the 'pink pound' then so they will recognise the spending power we have.

Thats how we get more accepted in society. Shop, girls, it makes a big impact on society!

Much love

Rae xxxx
    • 259 posts
    December 25, 2007 3:14 AM GMT
    Hey Joni, congrats. Also, a suggestion, take me shopping with you!! I have no class or elegance so picking out clothes is painful and tedious for me. Luv ya sis.
    • 1980 posts
    December 25, 2007 2:06 PM GMT
    Hi Rae-

Thank you for the insightful comments. Of course you are right, every single act (at least in public) by any of us is, in a sense, a political act. How we conduct and comport ourselves whether at a restaurant or club or shop is, to members of the general public and to the owners of the staff and owners of the establishment, a reflection on TG persons in general, just as any minority group is often judged by the conduct and behaviors of a few.

Speaking only for myself, whenever I shop for clothes for my girlside, whether I'm en femme or drabbed out, I do it with no attempt to conceal who I'm buying it for and do it with confidence but not in some assertive or pushy way either. So far, I have never met with any sort of rudeness or prejudice. I think more and more staff at department stores have received sensitivity training in dealing with TG customers therefore, whatever their personal feelings may be, they remain professional in their conduct. And, as has been pointed out so many times, t-girl money and plastic are just like anyone else's. The cash register can't tell what's under that cute little skirt.

Shop on, girls! Shop on!

Hugs...Joni Marie

• 1980 posts
    December 25, 2007 2:34 PM GMT
    Hi Josi-

Merry Christmas, hon. And thank you for the nice post. Girl, I would love to go shopping with you, anytime, any place. I love shopping for clothes and accessories, and while not as good as some, I have fairly decent fashion sense and can put together an outfit. The picking and choosing is most of the fun.

And Josi, you do to have class and elegance, you have shown it many, many times in your posts here, so I know what you said isn't so. Fashion sense is another thing altogether, though. It is so true, Josi, fashion sense is not genetic, not at all. Many, many men, in fact seemingly most of them, have no clue at all. At all! Though to be fair, some do and not necessarily gay men only. And likewise, lots of girls don't either or at least don't bother to show it. But it's something that can be acquired and sharpened. All it takes is keeping an eye out for what you like on someone else or in a magazine and putting it together for yourself but not just copying item for item. So yeah, I'd love to go shopping with you. I'm sure you have lots of ideas that I would love to know about.

Hmm. Maybe this is an idea for the forum. Virtual shopping. For us girls who would like to go shopping together but can't because of distance or other factors. We can choose a store with online shopping, which nearly everyone has nowadays, and compare choices including accessories, shoes, etc. Of course we can't model them but we could help each other out with ideas and helpful comments. Hmm. Thank you, Josi, for inspiring what may be a great, fun thing to do.

Merry Christmas, girl.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    December 26, 2007 9:51 AM GMT
    Although I only shop on the high street Joni, I do love the idea of virtual shopping with others, it could be a good bit of fun!!

The reason being, when a guy wants to buy a shirt, he walks in the store, buys a shirt and walks out.

Now when a girl shops, she usually takes others with her and the whole fun is trying on different outfits, getting the opinion of your friends, partners etc, trying something else, recommending things to them too and just making it a whole better experience.

As you might have guessed, I love shopping!!!

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    December 27, 2007 5:25 PM GMT
    Hi Nikki-

Girl, you make such a good point about the difference in how men shop and how women shop. In fact I was thinking about starting a new thread...and maybe a poll as well...on just that topic. And despite it's drawbacks, I think maybe someway for there to be feedback on clothes we are thinking of purchasing might be fun. Two or three TW girls on a virtual shopping spree. Hmmm.

Hugs...Joni Marie