Going to an art exhibition vernissage

• May 28, 2004 6:37 AM BST
    Hi girls

I got an invitation to the vernissage of an art exhibition in the Museum of Modern Art Helsinki. And I´m going there this afternoon. It´s an invitation for two, but I´ll be there alone...be it I don´t catch somebody on my way there ).
    This belongs to my program "Out into the World". I´ll let you know later on how it was. It is very likely I see there people I know. Another story is, if they recognize me ).

Laura
    • 430 posts
    May 28, 2004 10:36 AM BST
    Laura,

I feel like I should be calling you Aunty Laura, I am a good girl who was taught to respect her elders.

Have fun at the Mordern Art Exhibition. I didn't do that sort of thing myself. Untill I went to the Louvre when I was in Paris. Now I can't get enough.

I went to the National Galleries in Canberra. There is some wonderful art there. The most famous peice being "Blue Poles" by Jackson Polick. I didn't get it personally. My favorite piece was a sculpture. It was of a pregnant woman. It was so life like, it could have been one of those candid camera jokes. Except the woman is 8 foot tall! It was so detailed you could see every hair, mole, vain or crease. It was so real. I forget who it was done by. It was a special effcts guy who does Hollywood movies [if you see this peice you'll understand]

Like I said enjoy,
  • May 28, 2004 11:25 AM BST
    I know Sandra, I know....

And I know I will spend much time in the future in Italy. If not in my own tiny town house, then traveling and exploring Florence and Rome again and again.
    The name of the exhibiton opened today is "Eye and Mind". I´m curious.

Laura
  • May 29, 2004 1:46 PM BST
    The exhibition opning was fun. Masses of peole, nobody, I should know. In ladies loo rooms lot of ladies, I stopped by the entrsance, because I could not get a clear picture of the waiting line. Some of the girls just at the mirrors... Well, the younger girls showed me the free boxes "Hey...you...here we have it free...". So nice. I felt like a granny .

Laura