UK HATE CRIME REPORTING PACK

• March 23, 2008 2:25 PM GMT
    Any transperson in the Uk who gets hassled or fears it needs to contact their local police station - if need be by taking a deep breath and walking in there en femme - and asking for a Hate Crime reporting pack.
    If it is not available over the counter ask for one to be sent to your home and when you get home write to the local chief constable and say you were disappointed that one wasn't available and he'll kick some ass to get them available.
    The pack is a bright little folder containing examples of transphobic actions and what constitutes them; a form on which details of incidents can be recorded and sent off for action; and sources of advice and support.

I got mine when I went to main police station to report bad transphobia in a town's training workshop that the manager wouldn't tackle because my abuser was a Pakistani.

I always carry it because many beat police are not aware of what Hate Crime is or at least it regarding transpeople so if the police seem in any doubt about me complaining about harassment I just pull the pack out and say 'see there: verbal abuse and gesture is hate crime - do something about it!'
    It never fails and I'm much happier because of it. My local yobs still mutter among themselves when they see me but they daren't be openly openly abusive because they know the instant they are I'll whip my phone out and call the police and have them arrested.

Curiously my police accept my word and a sworn statement when I complain about white abusers but the local prosecutor wouldn't do anything about the Pakistani for fear of upsetting the delicate racial tensions in my area.