Why did'nt I think of that before???

• 734 posts
    October 10, 2008 8:51 PM BST
    Sometimes its the simple idea's that help so much...

Whilst I'm quite slim, I still struggle to get the right size bra - and wasted so much hard earned cash that way, lol.

With a 40" strapline and [just about] an A cup, you can see the problems.

So why did it take me so long to discover bra expanders? So now a 38 - even a 36 can be made to fit - and there's more A cups in those sizes. Yahoo!!!

Just wanted to pass the tip on - 'though guess you smart people probably knew all about them already!

Much love

Rae xxx

ps: feel free to put other usefull tips in this thread - its the obvious we usually miss altogether!
    • 1912 posts
    October 10, 2008 10:42 PM BST
    A common question about bras for TG's is what is the proper way to measure for your size. The first thing you need to do is throw out the guides designed for women. The reason for that is a male body is more vertical along the sides compared to a woman's.

So for the band size, a woman measuring 33 inches would add 3 inches to that to get a band size of 36 inches. Those measuring 35 or more add 4 inches.

Those unfortunately born with a male type body need to measure differently. First off, don't pretend you are petite when you are not. What I have found is the measurement above the breast area instead of below has given me the best "band size" fit without adding anything. Of course different brands and styles of bras vary in fit.

Cup size is a whole different story. What gets me is most instructions tell you to measure while wearing a well fitted bra, uhm, wouldn't reading the label then tell you the size? Ok, the 1"=AA. 2"=A, etc. for the most part works, but chances are you are actually one size smaller because we just don't have the fullness a woman has to fill out the cup completely.

The average breast size in the U.S. use to be 34B but has increased to 36C due to more women are overweight now. I wear 38b bras for those that desire to know.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 364 posts
    October 11, 2008 3:53 AM BST
    That is US size. What about the rest of the world