Changing our name

• 2573 posts
    July 2, 2009 3:14 PM BST
    We could fake them all out and call ourselves CHRISTIAN-FUNDAMENTALISTWEB. Then we would not get censored/filtered. Of course, it would be humiliating to have someone see that name in my address bar. Perhaps Theological Reformers And Non-Nihilistic Yodelers Web would slip through.
    • 1083 posts
    July 8, 2009 9:22 PM BST
    TrannyWeb Society does have a nice ring. So does TrannyWeb Association.

I'm easy though, Katie--whatever works for you. (Just remember--it ain't pretty being easy. )

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 181 posts
    July 18, 2009 10:15 PM BST
    Katie.............. Trans world today comunity Ellen S
    • 29 posts
    July 20, 2009 10:15 AM BST
    Hi All,

I'm new here, from the US. I'll give my honest first impression of the site. When I joined the membership I have to admit that while browsing the site, particularly the forums, I had the impression that there was actually very little activity here. Especially in the member forums, which contain old, outdated posts. It was disappointing. Today, after receiving the journal in my email, I went back through the site again and noticed several updates, indicating to me that this site is actually still quite active, at least in a few areas.
    I think that the word "association" gives a more professional touch to the site. As was previously mentioned, it will also attract sponsors and other professionals who may want to contribute to the site.
    The word "trannyweb" does well in Google, and is likely good to keep. This site has so much to offer. I truly hope that it's membership continues to grow. Anyway, I vote for anything with "Association" and "Tranny or Transgendered" web.
    • 2627 posts
    July 20, 2009 10:50 PM BST
    I've found that when I do a search using Trannyweb. What comes up most are trannywebcam sites.
    • 29 posts
    July 22, 2009 1:07 PM BST
    Some of those came up too, but on my search most of the links listed on the first page were for this site. That was on Google, I don't know about the other search engines. The problem is, any name that includes tranny, ts, cd, etc., is going to pull up sex related sites. It's one reason why I'm for "Association" being added to the name. Of course, there are other names that can be used that won't pull up those types of sites in a search, but then the terms identified above would have to be eliminated, if this is a concern.
    • 2 posts
    August 7, 2009 2:22 AM BST
    hey, my friend sez "trannysrus"... ! they're joking of course, the point seems to be the name "trannyweb" still attracts a letch following (and may keep it due to the banner theme), and censorship is a pain too, at a guess tho, wouldn't people still have trouble accessing the page contents? also it's tempting the initials tw, dunno if that's a problem tho as many things here are transwoman oriented, the graphics, the mag, alot of the text and themes. speaking of which, would the transmen mind being called sisters?

anyz, if trannyweb sticks then community is important but the site is more sort of a organised focus for that community so maybe add something solid to that? but don't wanna get too long...

trannyweb support community
    trannyweb community hub
    trannyweb global community centre

? whatever. and as was mentioned before, maybe the graphics need update. try look a little more sleek and less blingy? just having that banner at the top looks like a cheap dating franchise, no offense to the artist or model, it is a good image just not everybodys? hope all are in agreement on one thing though.. what's in a name.

tc all

meta