Boots

• 456 posts
    March 29, 2003 5:17 PM GMT
    Thanks Alice - have visited Evans and yes they do have a sale on and yes they do have boots which fit - Tried them on in the shop and walked around - neither of the assistants thought it was funny - had 3 pairs and I chose the ones I wanted - Nice shop Evans for us big girls
    • 456 posts
    March 20, 2003 11:49 PM GMT
    We all know that boot and shoe sizes are different but I am having trouble finding a pair of knee high boots which fit me.

My shoe size is 7½ to 8 uk size - If I choose a boot which is 1 size larger as recommended ie size 9 then I am unable to fasten the top of the boot. My calf circumference is 16".

I have tried Hayway and they were very helpful but I cannot fit into any of their regular boots.

I wonder if any other girls have had similar problems and have been able to overcome them. Perhps you can recommend somewhere I coould contact to help me find a pair of boots I could wear. I do not want a pair of fetish boots just a normal pair I could wear down the highstreet.
  • March 30, 2003 10:00 AM BST
    Hi Alice, Tina

Evans is the first shop I visited when on my shopping expedition (dressed). I was on such a high. I thought nobody had read me. OK, self-deception, for the first 5 minutes the security guard was always 3 paces away trying to look unobtrusive. Then he disappeared, I guess that one of the staff members had told him to stop frightening the customers.

The other customers in the shop seemed to pay me no attention whatsoever, they didn't even appear to be avoiding looking at me!

Interestingly, whilst I was in the shop, two men came in and started looking around. Whilst it crossed my mind that they might be trannies I concluded that they "didn't look like it" and probably weren't. So, dressed or not, we should have nothing to fear shopping in dress shops.

I love Evans.

Hugs

Sarah