So much for the boots now the wig

• 456 posts
    September 12, 2003 11:54 PM BST
    Glad to hear you took up my suggestion BC. Having been there I wonder why I was worried about going. All in all I expect you found the experience quite pleasant.
    • 456 posts
    April 17, 2003 11:37 PM BST
    Thanks Barbara

I have also been advised to go to a shop and have a fitting - I am just plucking up confidence to go and do this but if there is any more advice I'll gladly act on it if I think it is worth it.
    • 456 posts
    March 30, 2003 8:22 PM BST
    Ok I managed to get the boots now I need a better wig (or wigs) - I'm always concerned about buying wigs over the internet because you are never very sure as to what you are getting and whether it will be suitable.

I live in Leeds UK - are there any girls out there who have bought wigs from places within 50 miles of Leeds who can recommend the place they bought it/them from.

I am not sure of outlets in Leeds even so any advice would be most useful.
  • April 17, 2003 9:12 AM BST
    Hi Tina

I've bought all of mine (three) off the internet and have been pleased with them. I would try a reputable name like Paula Young and trawl the website.

I found that the old saying is true "You get what you pay for" so don't skimp

Good luck

Barbara
  • May 6, 2003 4:30 PM BST
    Although I no longer have a wig to my name (my own hair is now at shoulder-blade level), I have bought three from Paula Young in the past and been very pleased with all of them.

Also, Tina, you say you're in Leeds! There used to be (about five or six years ago) a wig shop/stall in Leeds Covered Market from which I have bought a couple of wigs in the past too.

I'm not sure of the name but it is fully screened (so that no one outside can see in) place right in the centre of the Market. If you'd prefer to have a wig fitted and see the piece on you then this might be a better bet and it's close too! Try it, they're soooo TV-friendly there!

Jayne
    A TV's TV
    • 456 posts
    May 8, 2003 9:31 PM BST
    Thanks Jayne - already know the place -Richard's Wigs - have not been able to visit yet - they were shuty the last time I walked past intending to go in and see what I could buy - I will visit in the future.
    • 2 posts
    May 28, 2003 11:44 PM BST
    Hi,

just thought I'd jump in here as my wife run's a UK based internet wig shop. We operate a discrete service, with stunning quality wigs.

The shop is relatively new, but if you want to know about the quality of our products and service check our feedback on ebay (userid sue3005), as we have a well established reputation there.

We have many regular tranny customers, so rest assured that we are well attuned to your needs.

Enough of the hard sell, apologies for the intrusion, but if you take a look please let me know what you think.

Many thanks,

Mark
    Contrastwigs.com
    • 2 posts
    May 28, 2003 11:50 PM BST
    Sorry, forgot to say that the shop in question is at www.contrastwigs.com but you probably worked that out anyway!

Mark.
  • May 29, 2003 12:27 AM BST
    It was no intrusion at all . Thanks for the info.
    • 456 posts
    May 31, 2003 12:57 PM BST
    Well I finally did it. Took my courage in both hands and went to buy a wig at Richard's Wigs which Jayne recommended. I can't speak highly enough of the service and help I was given. From walking in to making the choice I was made to feel valued. - I went as my male self - I must have tried on 15 or so wigs in varying colours and styles. I asked about the different types - monofilament human hair etc but was persuaded to buy synthetic because they looked great. Yes they. In trying on the wigs I was caught in a quandry between two styles and because I couldn't choose I bought both. The long on may be a little too young for someone of my advancing years but the short on should be alright when Tina wants to go out. Now to summon up courage to do the latter.

Pix are available on trannypix and on my website in gallery 23.

http://www.tinas-place.co.uk