Name This Forum

• 1980 posts
    January 27, 2011 7:56 PM GMT
    Hey girls and guys! Okay, well Matt walked off with the Official First Recipe Posted to the Forum Prize, but who's going to walk off with the coveted "I Got to Name the Forum Prize"? Of course the prizes don't actually amount to anything except the recognition, there's no money or new cars or fabulous clothes, so just forget that right now. But think of the prestige as you model-walk into the local spa with 'I NAMED THE TGS COOKING FORUM!" pinned to your tee shirt.

So, personally I am in favor of "Whats Cookin', Good Lookin'?" but I think we should work it out amongst ourselves rather than me just choosing the one I like, so I will only vote if we have a tie or if spork fights break out. Personally, I prefer whipped cream fights, but that's just me.

Maybe Cristine or Katie can help me set up an official poll thingy, but for right now, let's just chime in. Below are the suggestions that have been, well, suggested. We had these going on two different threads, so if I missed one, please forgive and don't feel like it was done on purpose, just simple inattention and...oh look! Shiny!

Here they are in no particular order:

1) The Cooking Forum
    2) The Gender Cauldron
    3) The Cookery Forum
    4) Our Neighborhood Kitchen
    5) What's Cookin', Good Lookin'?
    6) Cooks Who Care
    7) Apron Strings
    8) Cooking Transitions

Okay, there they are, please speak up for your preference or suggest more names for the list. In the interest of not dragging this on too long, I think we should close this on February 1st which, as everyone knows, is International Spatula Day. Well, actually it's not, I just made that up.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 1980 posts
    January 27, 2011 8:28 PM GMT
    Janis, you are just so right, girl.<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari
  • January 27, 2011 8:18 PM GMT
    "What's Cookin', Good Lookin'?" gets my vote because as I said in a previous post, it mentions cooking and the girls here are all "good lookin'".

"National Spatula Day" ?
    • 734 posts
    January 27, 2011 9:38 PM GMT
    First off, the important stuff. What's a spork fight?

I do like 'What's cookin', good lookin'?'

And just to add to the list for the heck of it ...

Good looking cooking
    Culinary transitions

[wonder where the influence for that brace came from...]

From Cook to Chef
    or
    cook2chef
    (otherwise known as a c2c)

Transcanteen
    Transworld cuisine
    The Cooks Dressing
    Does my bun look big in this?

I could go on but think I might get even sillier ... x

• 734 posts
    January 28, 2011 12:13 AM GMT
    Ah, a spoon come fork. Now if they'd called it a foon ...
    • 1980 posts
    January 27, 2011 11:16 PM GMT
    <lol> Hi Rae-

I like those suggestions. A spork is a b@st@rd eating instrument of a spoon mated with a fork. It's commonly handed out at fast food eateries, at least here in the US, and looks like spoon only with dentures. A spoon and a fork combo, hence a spork. It also vaguely resembles a real eating implement that has fallen out of use called a grapefruit spoon, though there may be some lingering on in various silverware drawers.

Hugs...Joni Mari