TG Movie Forum

• 1017 posts
    January 27, 2011 7:27 PM GMT
    Hi Janis,

I haven't come up with anything more creative than "TGS Movie Forum Database." Probably anything else would be better, lol.

Best,
    Mellie
  • January 27, 2011 7:20 PM GMT
    That looks like quite a task you've set yourself Melody. I'm sure it would be useful research tool as well as being of great interest to the casual reader like me.

"I propose to include the title, year of release, director, genre, leading players, writer, producer, composer, cinematographer, film editor, production company, distributor, alternate titles, running time, country and if it is in black and white or color. Of course, not all of these will be available for every film. Does anyone have anything else they would like to see included? "

Well apart from the lighting director, gaffer, catering staff etc. I think you've got "all bases covered" as you girls from the former colonies are wont to say.
    It's a pretty comprehensive list.
    I look forward to seeing your database.

Have you thought of a title?
    • 1017 posts
    January 27, 2011 6:41 PM GMT
    Hi All,

The description of this forum in the Forum Directory is:

"Transgender people have featured in films for many years now. This board is an attempt to catalogue some of them."

That is exactly what I plan to do. I'm putting together a database of TS, TG, CD, Transvestite, Drag, Intersex, Female/Male Impersonator, Androgynous, Sex Change, Bigender, and whatever else I can find, films that would would be of interest to The Gender Society members. I intend to include films that are specifically about the above and also those that only make minor use of them.

My initial plan is to include theatrical features and shorts, TV Movies and Mini-series, Cable Movies, and Direct to Video. (I don't intend to include individual episodes of series TV shows, unless there is a huge demand.)

I propose to include the title, year of release, director, genre, leading players, writer, producer, composer, cinematographer, film editor, production company, distributor, alternate titles, running time, country and if it is in black and white or color. Of course, not all of these will be available for every film. Does anyone have anything else they would like to see included?

I'm starting off with over 500 films and expect to find many more. I'm brushing up on my SQL skills as it would be very nice to be able to query the database if possible. I don't know at this point if my skills are up to the task or if the new TGS site is able to support it. If not, I'll publish the data in conventional posts.

Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed.

Best,
    Mellie

• 4 posts
    April 23, 2011 6:47 AM BST

Hi:

Just joined recently and saw this thread. So, how's it going? Sounds like a monumental task, but one which will be very appreciated by TG movie fans and fan in general.

• 1017 posts
    April 23, 2011 1:10 PM BST

Hi Don,

I've done a lot of the basic research and will start posting it bit by bit soon.

I've waited til the new site (we just moved here) is up and open to everyone.

Best, Mellie