microwavable sponge desert

• 1980 posts
    January 27, 2011 12:15 AM GMT
    Thank you, Matt. You have officially posted the first recipe to the new forum and are hereby awarded the...Official Acknowledgement of the First Recipe Posted to the New Forum. Thank you, dear, take a bow.<smile>

And I deeply, deeply appreciate that you posted it in a standard format of ingredients followed by procedure. Thank you for that, as well. The recipe sounds yummy and I, as part of getting to mod our new kitchen, will try it out as soon as I can. Also I urge other girls to try out the recipes and provide some feedback. Nice feedback, that is, or at least if a recipe didn't work out, what seemed to be the problem.

I hope we get lots more ideas and recipes. Thanks to Katie and Cristine for getting What's Cooking, Good Looking up and running.

Hugs...Joni Mari
  • January 26, 2011 11:49 PM GMT
    Microwaveable sponge pudding
    Ingrediants
    55 g butter
    50 g white sugar
    60 g self-rising flour
    1 egg, beaten
    30 ml milk
    Directions
    In a mixing bowl, stir the butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and milk gradually so you do not to curdle the butter. Sift in the flour, and fold in gently. Transfer into a 1 pint microwave-safe bowl
    Cover, and cook for 3 1/2 minutes on full power
    If you prefer flavourings to the sponge it is possible to add around 2 tablespoons of jam or treacle, cocoa powder to the bottom of the microwave safe bowl before pouring in the mixture