Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » The Cooking Forum » Quick starter or light supper

Quick starter or light supper

Tags : None
  • Baked baby Camembert.

1. Preheat the oven to 190c
    2. Take the camembert out of the box, unwrap it then place back in the box.
    3. Make a cross in the top of the camembert, drizzle with olive oil then roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes

Plate up a little salad, serve straight away topped with cranberry relish.
    Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      January 31, 2011 9:44 AM GMT
  • Stuffed peppers.

One pepper per person. Small sharp knife cut down and round into the top, ease off the tops and keep, To remove the seeds and pith from the inside of the peppers I use the small end of a melon baller.

Boil up enough rice, cook in the bag is good,.. enough rice to fill half the peppers mix with the same quantity of shrimps,or small prawns.and finely chopped mushrooms and chopped spring onion tops, stuff pepper with the mixture. then layer the top with cheese of your choice, grated, place the top back on the pepper, like a hat and bake in the oven at gas mark 4 for 45 minutes.

serve with chopped lettuce, grapes and cherry tomatoes on the side with a vinegarette dressing.

for vegetarians leave out the shrimp prawns and use sauteed hazel nuts or cashew nuts.
      February 15, 2011 7:30 PM GMT
  • Cristine, I'm drooling at the mere thought of these lovely ideas. When's your cook book out?

Thanks for posting them,

Angharrad
      February 15, 2011 9:31 PM GMT
    You always have such elegant recipes, Crissie.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      February 15, 2011 10:11 PM GMT
  • Erm I'm hardly gonna put into print the many failures, lol, like Cumberland sausage pie and port gravy, lol
      February 15, 2011 10:40 PM GMT