Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Passing in public » Male to female, need some tips

Male to female, need some tips

Tags : None
  • I am a 23 year old male who has crossdressed on and off for a few years now. I won't bore you with my entire personal story, but recently I have been unsatisfied with simply crossdressing. I'm considering shaping my body to be more feminine, and even possibly starting a form of hormone treatment in the future. Therein lies the problem.

I was born to a family with a long line of tall, bulky males. Luckily I got more of my mother, but I'm still a lot bigger than I would like to be - 5'10, 165 lbs. I'm really scared to ask my sisters (I'm still too shy to come out), but what I need help on is dieting tips.

Basically, I want to slim up significantly to see if it's even feasible for me to continue this. I've been on a lot of diets before, calorie-based, but I'm wondering if there are any tricks I can use to shape my male body? Should I aim for a specific calorie count? Should I eat some specific types of foods? Also, most importantly, what exercises can I do to stay slim and not build any unwanted muscles?

This is very overwhelming for me and I'd appreciate any help/advice. Thank you so much!

This post was edited by Damien Smith at October 6, 2011 5:29 AM BST
      October 6, 2011 5:28 AM BST
  • You could join some sort of "Weight Watchers" club to lose weight without building muscle, plus 5'10" isn't particularily tall for a woman nowadays.  Just keep thinking of the day when you'll step out as a tall, slim, attractive woman.

October 6, 2011 7:09 AM BST
  • Hi Damien Smile

Well the solution to any problem is in how you approach it.Funny thing is, the methods used to find answers to one question can often be used for other questions. 

What we have to do is develop a healthy or 'weight loss' eating habit. You could also call this a regime or displinary approach. We need to eat the right foods, eat less, and exercise more. Rest is also important.

We could start out by setting goals like one complete day, then two, then three and gradually build up to a week and so on. The extremely important thing is not to despair if we don't achieve each goal. Simply start again. Before you know it, it will become second nature.

But , basically, it's a learning process or self education program because everyone has a different personality.

Good Luck 

CB

This post was edited by Former Member at October 6, 2011 10:05 AM BST
      October 6, 2011 10:03 AM BST
  • A few simple things will make an immediate impact...

-Eliminate soda of any kind...

-Drink lots of unflavored, plain old water....if you drink a tall glass 30 minutes    before your meals, your appetite is suppressed.

-no late night snacks

-substitute things like carrot sticks, celery, fruit for any and all snacks...it's OK to  have an occasional binge of ice cream or pie, etc., but keep it to a minimum...

-get plenty of aerobic exercide, even something as simple as walking briskly.

-reduce your portions to single helpings without heeping it on to your plate

I lost 40 pounds in less than a year doing this and I stand almost 6' tall...my figure is enviable today!  (smile)

Good luck!

Traci

<p>Traci</p>
      October 6, 2011 2:39 PM BST
  • I don't think 165lbs for your height is particularly heavy... maybe you just need to 'tone up' a little without developing too much muscle?!

October 6, 2011 5:56 PM BST
  • Oh...and NO beer!  NONE!  (smile)  FYI, I weigh close to 180 on my frame, but stripped down, there's nothing I really need to lose as I have a 38-34-38 figure that looks very femme....so I repeat...NO BEER!

<p>Traci</p>
      October 6, 2011 6:02 PM BST
  • Thank you very much for the replies! I apologize for not getting back sooner, I got a new job and had to move. What a crazy month!

I had some time to try out some of the tips you've all been kind enough to share. I've found it easy to start drinking lots of water (it makes me feel a loooot better throughout the day! :)) but I'm finding it really hard to change my eating habits! I've never eaten much, about 1500 calories a day, but I've noticed I consume lots of sugar. And I can't seem to stop my sweet tooth from taking control!

I'll keep at it! Thanks again,

~Damien

This post was edited by Damien Smith at November 10, 2011 2:30 AM GMT
      November 10, 2011 2:29 AM GMT
  • Hi Damien,
    I went to a very unhealthy 265lbs - mainly because of boredom and lonliness and laziness in not preparing proper meals - instead relying on frozen meals and junk food. As a result of this I became diabetic (type 2 fortunately). SHOCK!!!! HORROR!!!!

So after going to some diabetic classes and learning what to do about - I switched from my unhealthy eating habits and cut out all sugar based soda drinks, cakes, biscuits, crisps, chocolate, chips and any fried foods, burgers. I switched to wholegrain bread, lean meats, chicken without skin, pasta, rice, plenty of vegetables and fresh fruit and, wait for it EXERCISE - only aerobic stuff like treadmill, rowing machine, bicycle with a small amount of weights to improve muscle tone without building muscle - and swimming.

With this radical new approach to life I came down from that 265lb to just 130lbs in just 10 months. From a dress size of 22 (UK) [US 20] to a dress size of 10 (UK) [US 8] - and jeans were a size 8 (UK) [US 6]. To be honest - I was too thin at this size and collar bones were showing too much, so I allowed myself to creep back up to around 138lbs and it is better for me.

You can do it if you are determined enough

Good luck
      December 10, 2011 2:41 PM GMT