Torquay T-Girls Weekend (May 2013)

• March 31, 2013 7:22 PM BST

No, I have been speaking with Debbie privately about this Jacqui and I had ruled out various people on costs ground because I knew that you would be straining your budgets anyway.

I have included the following people who would not be interested at all on cost grounds:-
    Jacqui, Sarahjane, Layla, April, Hannah

Possibles at the higher cost:- Karen G

Possibles at lower cost:- Debbie Davies, Me, Rose Cox, Rosie Bush, Roslyn Miller, Karen G,

Unknown:- Felicity Meadows, Janey Woo, Christina Martin, Monique

This post was edited by Former Member at March 31, 2013 7:25 PM BST
    • 18 posts
    March 31, 2013 7:30 PM BST
    Carol its not a cost issue for me its something i have never been that interested in as i think i do ok as i am
    • 214 posts
    March 31, 2013 9:22 PM BST
    I see carol , good point -after all you know the area--- so, so much for that idea lol
  • March 31, 2013 10:49 PM BST
    Erm yes im booked in lol see you all there, ayyyyy. xxx
  • April 1, 2013 12:56 AM BST
    I know you're booked in Janey - but do you want the professio9nal makeover???
  • April 1, 2013 5:22 PM BST
    HI Carol, further to the postings I am happy to go with the flow, how many do you think needs to participate to make it worth while? If we know how many do want to take part then we will have a better idea of what each would and or willing to pay.
  • April 1, 2013 7:53 PM BST
    Yes, that is what we are trying to find out Karen - so thank you for your response. What we really need to find out is what sort of car Jenni drives - a Fiat 500 or a Ferrari, then we can gauge what sort of expenses she will incur.
  • April 1, 2013 8:35 PM BST
    I like the idea of a free makeover, pics being used, before and after, but only on sites agreed. cant afford the paid over makeover and have limited money, so cant commit to helping out with jenni's expenses.
  • April 1, 2013 10:58 PM BST
    Rule me out of the makeover its a bit exspensive, see you all there. xxxxx
    • 114 posts
    April 5, 2013 10:37 PM BST

Jenni has kindly given me more info on this to help us make our decision. her petrol costs would be £110.00 all in . anyone wanting the free makeover  could chip in to her room costs, so we need to know how many that is. she needs at least two participants (for freebie with pics) to make it worth her while coming. any other paid makeovers would be a bonus to her. so...lets see how many want a free makeover (or paid) and we can deduce what everyone needs to pay!

This post was edited by Debbie Davies at April 5, 2013 10:38 PM BST
    • 214 posts
    April 6, 2013 8:57 AM BST
    I need more info on where the pics would be posted before i can decide debs.
    xx
  • April 6, 2013 2:50 PM BST
    I would like to put myself forward for the free makeover, subject to enough support for Jenni to make it. Lets see where we go from here.
  • April 7, 2013 2:17 PM BST
    ooh, just saw this, yes i would love a make over, would be interested in the free one just would like a link to the website ill be appearing on! i guess if i end up looking terrible i wouldn't be used anyway so doesn't really matter that much i guess lol!
    • 214 posts
    April 7, 2013 3:30 PM BST
    Yes I would like to see Jenni's site to -- and is that the only place she will post the pics .
    • 15 posts
    April 7, 2013 10:08 PM BST
    It appears the cost is becoming prohibitive. A free makeover is going to cost quite a bit when taking accommodation and travelling expenses into consideration. We would get a "free" makeover but Jenni would get a free holiday. Count me out thanks
    • 214 posts
    April 7, 2013 10:14 PM BST
    yes count me out as well
    • 114 posts
    April 7, 2013 10:40 PM BST
    "free holiday" is not applicable here.. since jenni was going to spend at least 2 hours on every girl..and host a Q &A session on make up for everyone who was interested..so i doubt she would have had much free time.
    Since this seems to be a non starter of an idea..i will send a message to Jenni and cancel.
    • 114 posts
    April 7, 2013 10:57 PM BST
    this idea has now been cancelled. xxx
    • 41 posts
    April 8, 2013 11:04 AM BST
    Thanks for the time you put into this idea Debs ,shame its gone all too much .
    Jacqui xxx
    • 114 posts
    April 8, 2013 12:25 PM BST
    No probs jaq xxxx maybe next year lol!
  • April 8, 2013 1:41 PM BST
    Thanks for all your effort Debs, If anyone goes to Jenni's web site it would tell you what a bargain we would have been getting, as well as expert hints on many aspects of make up and presentation. Alas this little ship has sunk. Just need to spend my money on more drink now..lol.
    • 114 posts
    April 8, 2013 2:10 PM BST
    Me too Karen ... Me too! Lol. See ya at the bar! Xx
    • 214 posts
    April 8, 2013 5:42 PM BST
    Yes great shame not to go with this but just too many snags and if's and but's
    • 376 posts
    April 8, 2013 11:43 PM BST
    Have any of you thought of just going to Debenhams? They do free make overs so do larger Boots stores.
    Would save all of the above.
    • 114 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:14 AM BST
    Not everyone is confident enough to do that Julia. And those who are have already suggested the idea. No the reason jenni was invited apart from her skills was the fact that it would take place in an environment comfortable to all. Xxx
    • 376 posts
    April 9, 2013 11:53 AM BST
    Hi Debbie.

I am well aware of that and to be honest this thread has nothing to do with me.

So why did I post on it? I say what I feel and others are well aware of that and most hate me for it.
    Confidence is a serious matter I do know that , I am currently working on a case of a girl who had her confidence knocked 4 years ago and has not been out since . Hopefully one day with me next week and she will see that this world is not realy that bad a place to be.

I still say if an ugly old sod like me can do it then anyone can "and the more that do" then the more it will become the norm to see Trans females just living their lives the way they wish "And should be allowed to" without prejudice .

If we don't chat before I go again I will say goodbye now.

Take care and best wishes and most of all stay you (even if you are nuts)

Julia xx
    • 376 posts
    April 9, 2013 12:24 PM BST
    Hi Debbie.

I could edit the above but I do not want to alter it.
    Later you will find in your inbox a poster. On that poster is me. The poster is displayed in staff areas of large retailers selling either make up or female clothes ect . It is also in some public service back rooms.

Only one other person on this site has seen it and that is Katie "It is not for public display" .

I created that last year to help others understand (mainly shop workers) That being trans is not easy.

Take a look and read then destroy it.

It is one example of the things I do to make life better for others (not me).

Julia xx
  • April 9, 2013 5:56 PM BST
    aww shame - i woulda liked a make over, oh well really looking forward to next month now, coming around quick.

dont suppose anyone going who lives in the farnborough/fleet/aldershot/camberley general area who's driving and doesn't mind me hitching, can contribute to petrol costs then i can arrive dressed! x
  • May 19, 2013 9:53 PM BST

• May 19, 2013 10:46 PM BST

great photo!  I hope everyone had a good weekend...

• May 20, 2013 12:19 AM BST

Nice Photo! Glad to see everyone having a good time! Hope to see some of you in person someday soon.