Torquay T-Girls Weekend (May 2013)

• October 21, 2012 2:41 PM BST

This afternoon I went and had a word with Robert and made tentative arrangements for the second Torquay T-Girls in Toirquay weekend for the weekend beginning Friday 17th May through til either the Sunday or Monday (19/20th May).

The venue will be the Cliff House Hotel, the same as in September this year (http://www.cliffhousehotel.co.uk/about.php).  Please put your names down if you would like to come and could you also indicate if you would be willing to share a twin bedded room with another member.
    Please book early to avoid disappointment - last time we had a struggle and many people could not come as the hotel became booked up, not just with us, but with other guests too.

Once you have booked your room, could you confirm back here that you have booked.  Everybody had an amazing time in September - so let's all have a blast again.

Below is a photo of all the girls (and Matt 'Charlie' Enigma) from the September event just before we went out clubbing on the Saturday night.

This post was edited by Former Member at October 21, 2012 3:41 PM BST
  • October 21, 2012 3:09 PM BST
    Carol have sent email to Robert asking to book a room, as soon as i can confirm I will let you know.
    Monique xx
  • October 21, 2012 3:11 PM BST

Interested in Attending            Willing to Share         Booked      Sharing with

Monique                        Y             Y
    Rosie                          N             Y
    Jacqui G                       Y             Y          Hannah
    Rose Cox                       Y             Y
    Roslyn                         N             Y
    Karen G                        N             Y
    Felicity Meadows               ?             ?
    Hannah Peace                   ?             Y          Jacqui
    Debbie Davies                  ?             Y
    Christina Martin               N             Y
    Spare Room                     N             Y
    Sarahjane Coffey               N             Y
    Layla                          Y             Y
    April                          Y             Y

Anne Other                     Y             Y
                                               _____
    Total                                        15    (+ 3 would like to come)
                                               =====

This post was edited by Former Member at March 1, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
    • 214 posts
    October 21, 2012 5:44 PM BST
    YES YES YES Rosie is happy bunny
    • 214 posts
    October 21, 2012 5:57 PM BST
    have sent Robert an e-mail to book for the week
  • October 21, 2012 7:18 PM BST
    Does that mean Yes you are interested in Attending: Yes you are willing to share and Yes you have booked Rosie???
    • 41 posts
    October 21, 2012 8:44 PM BST
    I am interested carol ,depending on work situation,would share too.
    • 30 posts
    October 21, 2012 9:31 PM BST
    I am comming this time have just e-mailed the hotel and yes more than happy to sharetwin beds lolxx
    • 214 posts
    October 21, 2012 9:33 PM BST
    me no share -- snore too much
    • 51 posts
    October 22, 2012 6:26 AM BST
    I am really interested in coming but may have work commitments that weekend. If I can't make it this weekend there will be one in September I believe. And I'd be willing to share if I can come.
  • October 22, 2012 8:21 AM BST
    OK, I'll stick you down as interested Nell
    • 51 posts
    October 22, 2012 6:13 PM BST
    Oh yes I'm definitely interested. In fact so long as there is nothing workwise to stop me I'll come even if the hotel is booked and I have to go in another one. Good to see you back on here posting and I do hope you are recvering well Carol.

Hugs to you lovely lady,

Nell x
    • 15 posts
    October 24, 2012 8:26 PM BST
    I've booked in for the whole week again. Monday to Monday. Rosie & I will be hitting the shops as well as doing the usual tourist things.
    • 214 posts
    October 24, 2012 9:35 PM BST
    oooh my poor credit card -- its sobbing its heart out at the thought of it lol but do debenhams do my size ?

• November 6, 2012 8:05 PM GMT
    Yes, I would be very interested in doing Torquay again in May.
  • November 6, 2012 8:41 PM GMT
    Great Felicity - as with September, please reserve your room early to make sure - Just tell Robert that you are with the Gender Society when you book. If you could indicate if you would be willing to share a room that would also be handy and then let me know (here) once you have confirmed your booking so that I can mark you down as attending.

Thanks

Carol xx
  • November 18, 2012 7:03 PM GMT
    Hi Carol . It's looking like I can't come on this one :-( But I hope that everyone who goes has a great time
  • November 18, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
    That is a shame Cris, we will all miss you

Carol xx
    • 114 posts
    November 25, 2012 9:03 PM GMT
    do we pay on booking?
    • 15 posts
    November 25, 2012 9:10 PM GMT

Glad you're coming Debbie. You only have to pay a £40 Deposit to the Hotel at this stage. Pay the rest before you leave.

• 214 posts
    November 25, 2012 9:14 PM GMT
    ooooh goody debs is coming---- but is she bringing her staff and the tigers ?????????
    • 114 posts
    November 25, 2012 9:14 PM GMT
    thanks Roslyn! x
  • November 26, 2012 5:58 PM GMT
    love to go. booked, for friday to monday!
    • 214 posts
    November 26, 2012 6:05 PM GMT
    welcome on board christina,, you will have a great time
  • November 26, 2012 6:15 PM GMT
    rosie Bush (moderator and news editor) said:
    welcome on board christina,, you will have a great time
    Thanks - pink punters last week was fab! Just want to go out more now!!
    xxx
    • 15 posts
    November 26, 2012 8:12 PM GMT
    Looking forward to meeting you Christina.
  • November 26, 2012 9:18 PM GMT
    By the time Matt, Sabini, Jacqui, Felicity, Nell, Layla, April and a few of the others who are interested book, then I reckon that there will be around 18 or 19 of us
  • November 26, 2012 10:46 PM GMT
    ooh sorry, could you put me down as N for sharing? thanks.
    xxx
    • 41 posts
    November 27, 2012 2:59 PM GMT
    looks like pps iz off might have to come to turkey .hannah sez she will share and give me a lift from bristol,leave my car there. xxx
    • 41 posts
    November 27, 2012 2:59 PM GMT

oooooh what ya think carol xxx

This post was edited by Jacqui G at November 27, 2012 3:02 PM GMT
  • November 27, 2012 3:46 PM GMT

I think that will be terrific Jacqui love - do you want me to put your name down as a definite now then,

Really looking forward to meeting you now - it should be a fabulous weekend xx

This post was edited by Former Member at November 27, 2012 4:00 PM GMT
  • December 1, 2012 2:40 PM GMT

The hotel is now almost booked up, there are spaces for another 3 people - but ONLY if you are willing to share a twin bedded room with another member.  So if you would like to attend and have a fabulous, fun weekend, please telephone the hotel now (01803 29 46 56) and book your place - once you have done that please add a message here that you have booked.

Thanks

Carol xx

• 214 posts
    December 1, 2012 6:28 PM GMT
    What no tents in the garden !!!!!
  • December 1, 2012 7:51 PM GMT
    Well if you would like to give up your room to somebody else in favour of that tent, I will have a word with Robert about it Rosie lol
    • 214 posts
    December 1, 2012 9:30 PM GMT
    tut tut carol -- you know I'm too old for camping out
  • March 15, 2013 8:43 PM GMT
    Now that Kian has pulled out there is a single room going spare.
    First to notify me gets the single room
    • 114 posts
    March 30, 2013 10:05 PM GMT
    recently, a new member joined the site Jenni Rowe. Jenni is an experienced make up artist and was looking for volunteers to be made over for free in exchange for using the pictures on her blog..see the post here - http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/9183/make-up-artist-looking-for-model

some of us thought that if we could bring Jenni to torquay, she might get some volunteers for a free makeover..or if they didnt want their pictures used, they could pay a nominal fee. I also thought that since Jenni is very supportive and experienced in certain trans circles, she could answer any make up questions or queries girls would have (which she kindly offered to do).

even though Jenni has offered her services for free (ish) we cant expect her to pay her own way to do this for us. so what i want to do here is ask everyone a few questions..and in your replies if you could answer each in turn, i would be most grateful.
    If we would like Jenni to attend, we would have to pay for her room and travel expenses (sarah has kindly offered to share her room- thanks sarah). so if we al chipped in towards the room, it would work out at less than 10 pounds each (carol might do the proper math for me lol). Jenni would drive down so her travel expenses would consist of petrol..thats it. from north wales to torquay.. a (very) quick calculation on my part reckons thats about another 130 pounds total..so if everyone were to chip in around 15- 18 pounds extra..then jenni could come.

in addition..if her expenses are covered..jenni would be prepared to do a complete professional makeover seperate appointment for each of us at a discounted rate of £15.00. (for those who are not taking up the free offer)

Obviously there is no point in coming if no -one wants a makeover so id appreciate if everyone answered back.

1.) do you want a free makeover? (pics used)
    2.) do you want a paid for makeover? (no pics used)
    3.) if no to the above..would you be willing to help subsidise the cost of jennis expenses?
    • 214 posts
    March 30, 2013 10:15 PM GMT
    2 -- i think lol
  • March 30, 2013 10:17 PM GMT
    Sounds good to me. Count me in. Karen
    • 15 posts
    March 30, 2013 10:24 PM GMT
    1 - Yes
    2 - No
    3 - Depends on how much
  • March 31, 2013 12:01 PM BST

I don't think it would be fair for people who do not want the service to contribute towards the cost of her travel and accommodation - for some people they are stretching their budgets enough already just to be able to come, therefore I have come up with the following price models which give people a much better idea of the cost.

1.  Based on around 6 people wanting a professional makeover doing - then the cost would be around £40 for those willing to have before and after photographs on her site (3 @ £40 = £120) and 3 people would have to pay (3 @ £55 = £165) if they were not willing to have their photographs published. So the question is really:-

A. Who would be willing to have their before and after photographs on her site at the cost of approx £40??
    B.  Who would be want a full professional makeover at the cost of approx £55??

2.  Part of these costs were based on the cost of Jenni's journey down to Devon which Debbie estimated at around £140.  These prices might be less if Jenni is a careful driver in a small car - I did a trip up to the north of Manchester this weekend and the total cost was £75 for my petrol for my Fiesta (according to Google maps virtually the same distance as Mold) .  So these prices could be reduced depending on what sort of car Jenni drives:-
    Could be as low as £20 or £35 respectively depending on what sort of a driver she is and what car she drives (based on 3 +3)

A lot would depend on the techniques used - if Jenni uses the airbrush technique to apply makeup - then having say a wedding makeup artist make you up could cost between £50 to £100 here in Devon.  If it isn't then you can get a free makeover in Boots if you want to go down that route.

Please note that these costs would escalate if fewer people required this service (or be less if more people wanted it doing).

This post was edited by Former Member at March 31, 2013 1:49 PM BST
    • 114 posts
    March 31, 2013 12:11 PM BST
    Thanks carol, I also wouldn't expect anyone to subsidise something that they are not getting but I needed to cover all bases so to speak before we can make a decision. There are certainly a good number off factors which can affect costs here. The main one being "how many of us would want to have a makeover"? So maybe if we answer that question first, everything else can be decided .
    This post was edited by Debbie Davies at March 31, 2013 1:07 PM BST
    • 30 posts
    March 31, 2013 4:13 PM BST
    OK I'm happy for 2 but not 1xxxxx
    • 18 posts
    March 31, 2013 5:44 PM BST
    as i said before carol i don't want a makeover ty
    • 41 posts
    March 31, 2013 5:45 PM BST

mm for me too expensive when ya not working .xxxx

This post was edited by Jacqui G at March 31, 2013 6:25 PM BST
    • 41 posts

limited budget so do not want to be involed in it thanks xx

This post was edited by Jacqui G at March 31, 2013 6:03 PM BST
    • 41 posts

No makeover for me then thanks xxx

This post was edited by Jacqui G at March 31, 2013 5:49 PM BST
    • 41 posts

hi carol hannah says kian not going to torquay  xxx

This post was edited by Jacqui G at March 31, 2013 5:47 PM BST
    • 214 posts
    March 31, 2013 5:48 PM BST
    This seems to be getting awfully complicated, its a great idea but it may be better to go for Roslyn's idea of getting a local girl to come for those who want it.
  • March 31, 2013 7:06 PM BST
    Can't see that idea anywhere Rosie - but you would be paying full rate for a local beautician to come and do them - I have looked at all the local beauticians and depending on whether they use the airbrush technique or not, charge anything between £30 to £150. So not much cheaper really, and hopefully, Jenni does at least have some experience of working with trans people.